The Cotton Palace
$172
Comfort Suites Waco North(Waco)(Great Value!)
$100
$179
TripAdvisor
$154
getaroom.com
All reviewscupcakesbreakfast tablebreakfast was delicioussun roomjetted tubwonderful storiesbear cavedecorated beautifullygreat hostsspacious bathroomsitting areaevery morninggirls tripcommon areascarriage houselittle touchesbirthday weekend
Reviewed August 25, 2013

What a beautiful place this is! Very comfortable beds. Breakfast was superb. Best of all Dutch is a delightful companion at breakfast. Becky and Matt are so welcoming. My son and husband enjoyed the cookies. We stayed in Matt's Attic which is the entire 3 rd floor. It is perfect for a family. The other rooms are beautifully decorated too. Don't miss this gem. We will definitely stay here again soon.

• Stayed: August 2013
TheCottonPalace, Owner at The Cotton Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

So glad the boys liked the cookies! Matt's Attic is a great space for a family or friends wanting several separate bed. It has a queen bed and a single bed and a trundle bed that sleeps 2 more. We'd love to have you make a return visit!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Room Tip: All the rooms had something special. You won't go wrong with any of them. I didn't see the one in the attic, but my friend said it was very nice. Breakfast was wonderful, and we fell in love with "Dutch". Thank you Becky for all your hard work to make the Cotton Palace such a special place.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
TheCottonPalace, Owner at The Cotton Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your breakfast with Dutch! He does make for a lively breakfast every morning. Seemed like you thoroughly enjoyed your high school reunion - hope it's not another 5 years before we get to see you again! I will be sending you that breakfast recipe you asked for - hope it's a hit on your brunch!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was in town for a couple of day visiting family with my baby and toddler; we stayed in "Matt's Attic." Becky and Matt were so kind and helpful, Becky was like an extra grandma to my boys while we were there. And the breakfasts... oh, my!! I've been dreaming about those breakfasts since I got home! Thanks for a truly delightful stay!!

Room Tip: Matt's Attic is wonderful if you want a little extra privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

The boys were so much fun! Matt's Attic is a great space for a family. Lots of room to move around and since it is the entire third floor - very quiet and removed from the other guests.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night. The place is beautiful inside and the owner is very nice. The breakfast was good. I had a suite and it was nice. No one else was there that night. I don't think I would come here for my honeymoon because, you can here everything in the hallway when someone walks by. The bed was ok but the large fold out chair in the sunroom was way softer and it's where the tv was, so I slept comfortably in there. The sheets on the big bed felt like they were starched and there was a very strong smell from the starched sheets. It was like a super potent potpourri smell. But the fold out had soft clean sheets without that smell. I wouldn't go walking at night by myself in the neighborhood. There were some characters walking past during the day. The owners son was very sweet. They have done a beautiful job decorating this place. They are very talented. The bathroom was a nice size with a jacuzzi tub. The place is very clean. I wish it was in a better location. But almost all historical houses in the cities are in the old part of town. I still prefer staying in the country.

• Stayed: April 2013
TheCottonPalace, Owner at The Cotton Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for complimenting the decor of the house! Our goal in renovation was to update the 1910 house yet high light the wonderful architectural elements of the Craftsman style. I think your comment about the location of the house - is quite accurate - when you buy a property that is over 100 - it is going to be in an older part of town. It is exciting to see the changes on Austin Avenue, the main street through downtown Waco (always voted the prettiest street in Waco). I just toured a house built in the 1890's a few blocks away that has been turned into a beautiful antique shop and they've also taken on the property next door that will also be antiques. Our recently renovated public library is just a block away and is a place I frequently go at night. I love being able to sit on the front porch and wave and converse with neighbors walking past nightly - one of the joys of living in town.
Glad you loved the sheets on the pull out couch in the sitting room of your suite. I'm sorry you felt it necessary to sleep in the smaller bed because of an issue with the sheets. The sheets on the pull out that you really liked are the exact sheets that are on the larger bed and for that matter, every sheet in every other room. It's a luxurious sheet made by the Comphy Company that only sells to resort properties. In fact, we sell quite a number of sheet sets to our guests. We always use a non-allergenic, no-scent clothes soap because we don't want to aggrevate the allergies of any of our guests. These sheets should never have any other product used on them other than mild soap - and certainly no starch.
We're glad you enjoyed your stay and would love for you to return and enjoy the benefits of being a part of the downtown/historic area community.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We made a last-minute decision to stay a night in Waco, on our way from Houston to Walnut Springs. We are so glad we did!

Waco is a lovely little town: the area around the Brazos is especially nice. Becky recommended a good restaurant, our room was spacious and very comfortable, and the B&B is welcoming and beautiful.

Becky is the perfect hostess: funny, friendly, and very accommodating. Our schedule required us to leave before breakfast, and she made sure we returned to the road with juice, water, fresh fruit and some delicious scones.

Highly, highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
TheCottonPalace, Owner at The Cotton Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

So glad you made the last minute decision to stay in Waco! But especially glad that you enjoyed Waco and the area around the Brazos River! The city is doing an amazing job creating the beautiful walkways and landscaping in the area. Such a wonderful way to spend the evening in downtown Waco - a wonderful meal at one of our great locally-owner restaurants and then a stroll along the river with a view of the illuminated historic Suspension Bridge. P.S. Glad you enjoyed the scones!