“Home away from home”
Review of Residence Inn Waco

Residence Inn Waco
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My family and I had to stay here while we were having our house totally remodeled. This is the next best thing to being in your own home. The room we stayed in was two bedrooms,each with its own bathroom which was nice with four of us staying there. It had a full kitchen with stove, oven, microwave, coffee pot, cookware and dishes. The dining table was small but enough room for 4 people. Nice living room with a couch, a coffee table which i used while eating so I could watch the tv. It had a nice size flat screen tv, also had a nice fireplace in the living room also which did work but didnt use real wood, but did look like you had a real fire going. Each of the bedrooms had their own tv so we brought the kids games from our house and hooked them up so they would have something to play on so they would feel more at home. It had a indoor pool which they played in every night. It had a gas grill outside for everyones use, It had a small basket ball court so you could go shoot some hoops. For people who like to get in their daily exercise they have a exercise room for that. The staff here will make you feel like family . The free breakfast here is really good, I packed me up one and took to work with me every day, everyone at work thought I had stopped at I HOP or Dennys. So if you want to stay at a really nice Hotel while you are here in Waco this is the Best!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark T
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Mark T,
Thank you so much for your kind review of the Residence Inn Waco. I'm happy to hear that our staff made you feel like family and you were able to enjoy all of our wonderful amenities. We truly love hearing from our guests, and I will make sure to share your comments with my entire staff. Please come back and see us if you are ever in need of a home away from home!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This hotel is nicely situated in Waco close to the Interstate is reasonably priced and is near some casual restaurants and pubs. Just be aware they no longer have their light food service on Thursdays and beware buying anything from the snack selection near the desk as they are incredibly expensive. For instance a 4 ounce mini package of Wheat Thins goes for $3.50.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank wgn
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Wgn,
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that our location was convenient for your trip. I do apologize for any confusion surrounding our evening socials. Here at the Residence Inn Waco they are Monday thru Wednesday nights but other properties may have them on different days. I'm glad that you were able to join us for them. Please come back and see us on your next trip to Waco.

Kind thanks,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a conference the same weekend as the December 2013 ice storm and the final football game at the old Baylor University stadium. The town was in absolute chaos. The hotel staff was gracious, concerned for everyone's safety and made the 5 day stay a delight. The accommodations were perfect and extremely comfortable. The morning breakfast was very good and surprisingly sumptuous. The cook was entertaining and wanted to make sure the food was good and if there was anything he needed to add to the menu. We attend this conference every year and will definitely stay there in 2014 and beyond.

Room Tip: All the rooms are located within a block of the expressway, but you do not hear or notice any noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Melissa H
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Melissa H,
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Waco. I'm so glad to hear that even amidst chaos, my staff was able to make your stay comfortable. We look forward to many future visits!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I lived in Waco for 4 years, while attending Baylor in the 90s. One gets used to the "older" feel of Waco. When I booked our hotel stay at Residence Inn in Waco, I assumed I would get a hotel that represented how long it has been in Waco. Needless to say, that was not the case. From the moment I arrived on the grounds, I was impressed with the clean look of the hotel. The entrance was clean, the hotel receptionist welcomed me with a Texas-sized smile, and we were given our room in under 10 min - at 10:30 in the morning. I was expecting to store my luggage for a few hours. The room beat all of our expectations - clean lines, updated furniture, current appearance, clean. We brought our kids on this stay and even the oldest (a bit spoiled) said it was better than the Gaylord (the rooms). Honestly - I have to say she has a point. We loved the indoor pool and spa. Perfect for our late fall stay. Thank you for changing my expectations!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dallasff2000
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Dallasff2000,
Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Residence Inn Waco. I have shared your comments with my entire staff, and they are excited to hear that they exceeded your expectations. Please come back and see us on your next visit to Waco.

Kind thanks,

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

My son and I were visiting Baylor on 11/15/2013 we drove in the day before and stayed at the hotel. We got the Apartment style, is perfect , breakfast was awesome, they g
Have the cook out there making sure everything is warm and clean. Is less than 5 min from the university. I will come again!!

• Stayed: November 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Osneyda C,
Thank you for your five star review of the Residence Inn Waco! I'm thrilled that your stay was "perfect". Please come back and see us on your next visit to Baylor.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 7, 2013

On touring Texas we stayed for one night in Waco, on our way to Fort Worth. When we arrived in F.W. realised we had left our paperwork, flight tickets etc behind in a drawer. Staff were excellent in helping us by arranging for paperwork to be sent on to us. We were extremely grateful. so thanks again!!! The facilities in the hotel were excellent, the evening buffet was great, lovely tacos and beer and wine at happy hour. compliments to the chef and staff. Lena and Denis

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denis K
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Denis K,
I just wanted to say thanks! I'm delighted to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay and all of our amenities. It was a pleasure to assist you in getting your paperwork. Please come back and see us again on your next trip to Texas!

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We spent the last night of our Texas tour in Waco and as soon as we walked into our room at the Residence Inn my wife said "This has to be the best hotel we've stayed in." From the friendly guys at the front desk to the very spacious and very clean suite we found this Marriott property to be perfect for us. We enjoyed a swim in the pool followed by a session in the hot tub. The nice young man on the front desk sent us off for Texas Bar-B-Q in the evening. Breakfast in the morning was quite good. We took time in the afternoon to find the Branch Davidian compound which had been destroyed during the conflict with the FBI and the ATF twenty years ago. The compound was only about 15 minutes from the Residence Inn. Baylor University is just a few blocks away. Really good hotel at a very fair price. Good job, Marriott!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DICKKEIM
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear DICKKEIM,
Thank you for your kind words and five star review of the Residence Inn Waco. Our goal is to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable and relaxing stay. I'm so happy we achieved that goal. Please come back and see us again soon.