“Spacious suites”
Review of Residence Inn Waco

Residence Inn Waco
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I were here for a horse show in Waco and she got here a day before me and had let me know how much she liked the room. I had stayed here probably 5 or 6 years ago, and no doubt, they've undergone some renovations for the better.

Our room, 301 in the upper corner, was very spacious, even with the kitchen and large sofa. There is plenty of room to maneuver for two and would probably good for a crew of 3 if one was willing to sleep on the couch.

I slept like a rock in the soft bed. Just know that it is soft. In the heating up of a late spring, it's good to know the air conditioner was cranking. Very very good.

The choices for quality hotels in a small city like Waco are typically going to be limited, but if you're looking for a big comfortable room, this is hard to beat in Waco. Having stayed at the Clarion and the Quality Inn years ago (which I don't even know if they are still open), this Residence Inn beats them, hands down.

Room Tip: 301 is big and the AC cranks cool air!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank R W
WacoSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and all the new renovations we have done to our hotel. Thank you again, from all of us at the Residence Inn by Marriott of Waco, TX.

Jewel Hayworth

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We arrived in Waco 3 days following the fertilizer plant explosion in West, TX. All of the hotels were full and we were lucky to get a room at the Residence Inn. We had never stayed in one and were pleasantly surprised by the rooms. Very nice and quiet. Our room did not have a view but the brick wall did a great job of blocking sounds. Very quiet sleeping. We will stay at Residence Inn in the future.
The breakfast was the biggest surprise. Not the standard fare - eggs, sausage, biscuits, breakfast casserole, grits, oatmeal with options of raisins, brown sugar and walnuts, waffles with 4 types of syrup, chocolate chips and walnuts. There were the standard bagles, English muffins, toast and cereals.
I recommend them.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank onesies1
WacoSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

We are happy to hear your stay with us at the Residence Inn Marriott in Waco was enjoyable and that you were able to enjoy our wonderful breakfast buffett. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you travel to Waco, TX.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights in early March and found the Residence Inn to have excellent facilities conveniently located. Our room was clean and comfortable in every way. I liked the studio style suite with sofa and kitchen. The shower actually had water pressure which is becoming harder to find in a hotel these days. Breakfast was good too! Should my travels ever take me to Waco Tx again I would definitely stay again at the Residence.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ahparker24

We are truely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Waco, TX. We love the "home away from home" feel that our rooms offer to our guests, and I am happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel and with our service. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you into Waco.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Residence Inn in Waco and well, it was outstanding in every way. The breakfast was delicious and there were many options. The room was spacious and had nice conviences like shelves near the bathroom sink, it was easy to be organized. The absolute best thing was the very friendly staff, professional and personable. Rosalinda in the breakfast room was very friendly. Next time we need a place to stay in Waco we will stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank msrs794
WacoSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

We at the Waco Residence Inn Marriott would like to thank you for your wonderful response. We are happy to hear that your recent stay with us was most enjoyable and that you enjoyed our new remodel. Our staf works hard to make our guests fell comfortable and right at home. We look forward to seeing you again for your future travels to Waco.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I just left after a long visit. The staff learned my name, said Hi when I came by, helped with directions, even offered an umbrella on the day it was clear I'd forgotten mine at home. Breakfast is always good. Evening gatherings are nice as well. This trip I was on the second floor. All very nice since the renovation. I will be back soon.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vdmadmw
WacoSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn Waco! We are thrilled to hear that you had enjoyed yourself and found our central location to be a great spot! We look forward to having you again here in Waco!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have stayed at the Residence Inn Waco twice with good experience. It is an older facility, but the rooms have been renovated recently. The breakfast area was just redone and open, so there is now ample room for guests. Breakfast was slightly better than average. The hotel is convenient to the Convention Center and just off I-35, but far enough away that there is no highway noise. The front desk was particularly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KTGDallas
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Residence Inn is conveniently located right next to the University and right off the interstate. They have just renovated the rooms and they are clean, new, attractive. Right now they are renovating the breakfast area, so I am looking forward to seeing it when all is complete. I

Room Tip: f you reserve a studio room and want it to be quiet, I would not recommend the rooms in the 100-101...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sfcrn
WacoSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Residence Inn Waco, TX and that our renovation was not an inconvenience to you. We hope you will be able to come back in 2013 to see the completed renovation. Thank you again from all of us at the Residence Inn by Marriott of Waco, TX.