“Long visit made easy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Ohio
“Long visit made easy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I just left after a long visit. The staff learned my name, said Hi when I came by, helped with directions, even offered an umbrella on the day it was clear I'd forgotten mine at home. Breakfast is always good. Evening gatherings are nice as well. This trip I was on the second floor. All very nice since the renovation. I will be back soon.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vdmadmw
WacoSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn Waco! We are thrilled to hear that you had enjoyed yourself and found our central location to be a great spot! We look forward to having you again here in Waco!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have stayed at the Residence Inn Waco twice with good experience. It is an older facility, but the rooms have been renovated recently. The breakfast area was just redone and open, so there is now ample room for guests. Breakfast was slightly better than average. The hotel is convenient to the Convention Center and just off I-35, but far enough away that there is no highway noise. The front desk was particularly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KTGDallas
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Residence Inn is conveniently located right next to the University and right off the interstate. They have just renovated the rooms and they are clean, new, attractive. Right now they are renovating the breakfast area, so I am looking forward to seeing it when all is complete. I

Room Tip: f you reserve a studio room and want it to be quiet, I would not recommend the rooms in the 100-101...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank sfcrn
WacoSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Residence Inn Waco, TX and that our renovation was not an inconvenience to you. We hope you will be able to come back in 2013 to see the completed renovation. Thank you again from all of us at the Residence Inn by Marriott of Waco, TX.
Coto de Caza, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Residence Inn Waco was a wonderful place to stay. Clean, stylish, great staff, good breakfast, they have a night or two with evening appetizers, food & drinks although we didn't have a chance to try it. We stayed in room 309, it doesn't have much of a view but we were out for most of the time we were there. It was. 2 bedrooms (1 king, 1 queen & a pull out sofa bed), full kitchen, sitting area with fireplace, 3 tv's, 2 full baths. It was clean, comfortable & quiet. They also have fitness center, pool & jacuzzi & an outdoor fire pit area, again we didn't have a chance to try these things. They are doing some remodeling, I believe they've finished the rooms & were about to start on the kitchen/dining room area & the reception desk. Super place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in 309, it was a great 2 bedroom, 1 king, 1 queen & a sofa bed. Oh I forgot it also ha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie R
WacoSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott! We can't wait to see you on your next trip to Waco so that we may continue to provide you with great customer service!
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We needed to check out late because we were in town for a funeral. They allowed the late checkout without any pushback. The room was really nice and the hot tub and spa being open late allowed for some good rest on a hard weekend. The parking was ample and easy to get into the building. We saw a note about construction when we booked the room, but never saw any signs of the construction while we were there. The bed was quite comfortable and the bathroom was ample.

Our only slight note would be that they didn't respond to the "bell" on their onsite "snack shop". It made it easy to browse freely, but you didn't really feel like you would be able to check out easily if you found something you wanted to buy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank bestboogeyman
WacoSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for providing us with your feedback and kind words about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to relax after a long weekend. I do apologize for the front service at our marketplace. I have addressed this issue to ensure our front desk staff will be visible and available for our guests needs. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance and we are always looking for ways to improve. Thank you again for the positive feedback concerning the Residence Inn by Marriott in Waco, TX.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. Stayed on the new 3rd floor. I had a 2 bedroom suite. Huge, nice room. The renovations never bothered my stay. Will be here again in a few weeks. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank vdmadmw
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was our third stay. Found some additional charms to the place that we didn't experience the last two times, and wanted to share them.

We again stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. We were placed in the newly renovated 3rd floor. They were still renovating on the other side of floor, but our stay was only affected as we entered and exited the elevator, where they were replacing carpet. The new decor in the rooms is definitely updated. Not necessarily my taste but certainly clean and more modern. Thankfully they didn't mess with the kitchen, and the desk is larger in the living room area. The sofabed is also firmer than previously. I still had enough room in the master to set up a pack and play. The other bedroom has "barely" enough room for a rollaway. I had to take the mattress off the frame and put it on the floor; with the new nightstands, there was nowhere that fit the rollaway on the metal frame in the second bedroom except blocking the bathroom.

The TV reception seemed significantly improved from our previous stay. There is still a bit of light leakage from the blackout curtains, if you are napping during the day or a sensitive sleeper (outside lights are so bright, I woke up a few times thinking it was already morning). The AC is still very noisy and blows directly on the bed at night. I ended up turning it off for the night to sleep. Bed seemed oddly lumpy for a newly renovated room. I did like the combination of soft and firm pillows - nice to have both as a choice without calling down for a substitute.

Kitchen is well appointed. Bathrooms were very clean. Unfortunately only one outlet available in bath near the sinks, which means you can't plug in two appliances with ground fault interrupters (those bricks) at once, like a curling iron and a blow dryer. The bathroom does come with a full sized (not those awful compact) blow dryer, so you don't need to bring one. But if you typically heat up a curling iron while drying your hair, or charge a phone at the same time, you're going to have to find another outlet.

We were so pleased at the food choices. As a mid-week visit, we enjoyed two breakfasts and two "receptions" which equated to basically full dinner meals. First night: Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, biscuits, gravy, salad, broccoli rice casserole, cupcakes. Second night: Hot dogs with chili, beans, coleslaw, potato salad, and banana pudding. Plus beer and wine if that's your thing. Breakfast was a full typical: scrambled eggs, sausage one day, canadian bacon the next; breakfast potatoes, biscuits, breakfast breads and muffins, cereals, make your own waffles with toppings, oatmeal and grits with mix-ins, yogurt, parfaits and fresh fruits. Tons of choice and refreshed throughout the morning. Takeaway options as well.

What really struck me was the attentiveness of the staff. At dinner, they turned on the juice machine for my 3 year old who wanted apple juice. In the morning, they found colorful straws for my kids' milk, and were quick to offer me a tray as I juggled plates to bring back to the room. They even have a small sized kids' table, which is really nice for the under-five set.

When I checked in and asked for a rollaway, it was in the room before I had unpacked the car.

Free wifi too. A bonus when so many hotels add this cost to the ticket.

We used the indoor pool this time, a first for us. the pool was wonderfully clean and large enough for quite a few kids. Though not shallow enough for kids under 5 (she had to hang out on the top step), the older kids loved it and played for nearly an hour. The hot tub was soooo relaxing, and there is enough space for a number of adults to relax there. The exercise room has many of the same Precor equipment that I have at my own gym.

We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: all the 2 bedroom suites face the railroad tracks. You will hear the train at some point during the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family