“Second stay - as great as the first”
Review of Residence Inn Waco

Residence Inn Waco
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Our family recently stayed 2 nights, a repeat visit from a 3 night stay a year ago. We specifically sought out this property because of the good experience last time, and weren't disappointed. The hotel even had our record from the prior visit, and booked us the same type of room quickly when I called to inquire.

We have 4 young children, and prefer to stay in a 2 bedroom suite to keep the kids close, and so we can cook meals (one child has food allergies so we limit eating out). The suite was well laid out, reasonably priced, very clean, especially the kitchen and dishes.

Small complaints: Draperies don't completely close/aren't light proof. This is important with young kids. Light leaks at the top of the header and between the middle, and it was pretty bright due to the streetlights outside. The train that came through about 4am was SUPER loud with the horn. (Not the hotel's fault - just sayin' it is loud). Air conditioning was loud cycling on and off; we ended up putting it on 'fan' all night to create consistent white noise. And why have three really nice flat panel TVs if the reception is fuzzy analog on every channel?

Compliments: Staff was very responsive, friendly and warm, from reservation to checkout. Breakfast both days was excellent, and the nachos reception was generous enough we almost didn't need to eat dinner. They even had free beer (if you like Bud Light). We had already planned to grill, and cooked burgers in the courtyard on the hotel's Weber gas grill.

Can't beat the location if you're going to Baylor or the Zoo.

We'd stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kbinsturner
WacoSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thank you for being a repeat traveler to our Residence Inn. I also would like to thank you for bringing these issues of the draperies and air conditioning to our attention. I apologize these issues caused you inconvenience during your stay at our hotel. I want to assure you that guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and these issues are being addressed! We hope our efforts will improve every stay for our guests.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Waco

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I am a platinum member and I stay in Marriots 6 to 8 months a year. I am currently staying at the Waco Texas Residence Inn. I have never stayed at a residence inn with this kind of service. The house cleaning staff does a excellent job and I can honestly say I feel safe letting them clean my room when I am not there. (Thats a big statement these days) The front desk staff and management team greet you by name everytime I pass through the lobby. I made a couple of special request on services and they are more than willing to help you anyway they can and are glad to do it. This is not an accident, this is great management.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

We would like to thank you for this wonderful review. We do take pride in our staff and consider ourselves family. We like to make sure our guests are treated with the upmost respect and feel welcomed and comfortable throughout their entire stay. I am glad that you have experienced this. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

As a regular (quarterly) business travel customer, I look forward to staying at this hotel. The staff goes out of their way to serve. Front desk and food-prep personnel are always friendly and helpful, food at the reception and breakfast always exceeds normal expectations and the clean and well-furnished suites compare with all but the high-end luxury hotels. Spending 20% of my work year in hotels, I always look forward to staying at the Residence Inn in Waco.

Room Tip: All rooms good, but I suggest not near the elevator
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2012

From Dec. 13 to Feb.3, 2012 I was greeded like a Queen. I have never seen such a team as I saw at the Residence Inn. I was being treated at the oncology clinic. And the team at the resident inn went above and beyond for me. They all (Rey, Terry, Lana and Franklin gave me the support that I didn't even get from my family. And at the time I didn't even know that I was going to need it. And when I was to weak to get my own meals it was brought to me. I will never ever forget the residence inn nor the team that stood by me, in my time of need. The hotel felt more like home than a hotel. They all made me feel like family. And the concern that they show me, can never be put into words. Thanks to a marvalous group of beautiful people my family. And I will never forget any of then. I will stay in touch will all of them. I love all them. Linder Simpson and Naomi Andrews.

Room Tip: Just let them at the front desk know what you want,, and what floor you want to be on, and they will...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Thanks to Rey, Rosa Linda, Franklin, Donna, Cookie, Lupe, and Terry for a great week. I was with a party of over 20 and we all couldn't be happier with the high level of service received. A staff of class acts! Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
WacoSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

We would like to thank you for this review. We take pride in our staff and settle for nothing but the best. We are glad you enjoyed your stay while visiting Waco and we hope that you will stay with us again your next time to this area.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

We were at the hotel for an extended stay because of family business. The staff was wonderful. The manager, desk staff, cleaning staff and kitchen staff were all superb. The hotel offers full breakfasts every day and dinners three days a week. The breakfast attendant was a joy; she goes out of her way to greet everyone and to make sure they have what they need. The extensive breakfast fare is delicious. The dinner chef is a gifted cook who is extremely friendly and accommodating. One night he served a delicious gumbo that was a family recipe. The desk clerks were uniformly helpful and professional. They went out of their way to address any need and to act as concierges for Waco. For example, we got excellent guidance on where to eat and where to get the car's brakes fixed. The suite was spacious and well-organized; cleaning and maintenance staff gave us what we asked for and worked around our schedules. The manager is a presence in the hotel; she sets the highest standard of hospitality and excellence; her wonderful staff live up to that standard. All things considered, this is the best hotel experience I can remember.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
WacoSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Thank you for this wonderful review concerning our hotel. We make it our top priority to go above and beyond to make our guests' stays with us memorable and enjoyable. I am glad you were able to experience our hospitality firsthand.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed here many times . Always fun and the hospitality at breakfast is great.
THe usual Residence Inn- so you can trust the hotel to meet your expectaions of a Residence Inn~ park near by so you can take your lunch there. Waco has lots of museums. Try to see them-from this perfect location.
Not too very far from the Airport....(where you can park for free...for your flight.)

Room Tip: 2nd floor a has the wash and dry station- if you want to use it ask for a 2nd floor room~
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business