“Hotel Stay”

Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Dallas, Texas
“Hotel Stay”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I checked in Thursday afternoon The clerks name was Daniel he was very helpful .I booked online and called and asked for some thing on the first floor if possible . He made sure I got the room I wanted . I just want to say my whole trip wasn't as well as the first day but that happens . Daniel went above and beyond his duties to help me . I asked if I could tip him and he told me no that he just wanted me to have a great stay he even looked up restraunts and other attratiions in Waco for me ... Friday's staff wasn't as friendly the morning staff seemed nice but really did not talk to her . The afternoon staff member don't remember her name I think it started with a E. but not sure .She was not helpful in any way see seemed more interested in doing her own thing than helping me .. The room was good for the price . The hotel did have the regular continental breakfast as many others .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
super8waco1, Manager at Super 8 Waco University Area, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing Super 8, we appreciate your business. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Houston
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Super 8 was always considered a budget motel, but to meet minimum standards for a clean room and no hassles. Staff was good, room was clean, bed was comfortable, but....... The A/C was either on and it made you hunker down under the covers until it went off, then you had to nearly strip the bed for it got so hot, then it would turn on again and freeze your rump off. It's hot in Texas, but even a budget motel should have A/C that functions better than that. I'm sure this place would be better in the winter. Also, the free wireless kept dying and they had to constantly reboot their router for everyone. They were nice. The rooms again were clean. Breakfast was paltry, but I expected that here. Coffee was horrible, but Waco Convention Center has great food and coffee at great prices. Who knew? Best hotel for convention goers was the Indigo. It was a bit more in $, but all who stayed there bragged. We delegates do that. Better luck next convention in San Antonio two years away. P.S. If you have read any of my past reviews, this is the first one that was a downer. I chose to save a few bucks and made a mistake by doing so.

Room Tip: I was told first floor was better for A/C in the heat of summer. If true, the upstairs guests must...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Super 8 we appreciate your business.

Travelers are raving about these Waco hotels

Owasso
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have stayed lot of times at this motel. The only complaint is the non smoking rooms are next I-35.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for choosing Super 8 to stay at. We now have more rooms away from I-35. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Coming into our room we noticed roaches scattering everywhere. Within an hour I've killed about a dozen roaches and baby roaches myself! I've never been to a more disgusting hotel in my life! Nobody should sleep in these conditions EVER! Feel horrible for the employees bc apparently the owners do not care and have other hotels with the same and/or worse conditions per employees!! Ruin my trip bring here at this Super 8!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Ebelle3
super8waco1, Manager at Super 8 Waco University Area, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We are sincerely sorry about your room having roaches. We use Orkin and have not had any problems in several years. I did refund you 50% of your total for this room. We hope thay you will try us again in the near future. Once again our sincere apology.