“Excellent for the price!”

Super 8 Waco University Area
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I found no serious problems. I thought the hotel was very clean. I did notice a smell but as far as could tell is was the smell of soap which, to me, was not bad. There was road noise next to I35 but I thought they had done a lot to block it with double windows. I will admit I grew up next to I35 on a much less busy stretch with windows open at night so I may not be as sensitive as some. The breakfast was everything I could possibly expect from this price of hotel. The front desk people were very competent and gave very good directions to locations close by. The internet worked most of the time but was a little shaky. However, I have never had a really solid connection in any low priced hotel. I was very happy with the value I received.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
super8waco1, Manager at Super 8 Waco University Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for staying with us here at Super 8 we will be looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Waco.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you are here in Waco on business at Baylor the location is great, but be prepared for lots of road noise from I35. It is constant all night. Even with the air conditioner on all night, it still woke me up often. This is a smoking hotel, so be prepared to have it permeate the whole hotel. I was in a non-smokiing room and could still smell the smoke. Great shower and clean bathroom, bed was comfortable, pillows could be updated and only two for a queen bed. Nice HD TV in breakfast area, but the TV in the room was old, could be updated. Frig and Microwave in the room seemed in working order, but I didn't use them. Not ice or vending on second or third floor and only one regular exit to the whole building. If you use side exits the alarm will go off.

Staff was nice. Internet for e-mail was ok but didn't try to watch videos or skype.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
super8waco1, Manager at Super 8 Waco University Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for staying with the super 8 We are glad that the room you stayed in was accomodating for you and that you had a great experience with our hotel! We definitely can't wait to see you on your next trip to Waco! we do our best to fix noisy problem !

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Me and my family had a very comfortable stay, - The room, service provided, the breakfast is very nice, the staff are very pleasent- hotel very well located, clean and lovely, The room was also spacious and functional, and all my requests (i.e. toiletries, towels, etc.) were provided promptly, making me feel that their guests' satisfaction was a top priority- Two Thumbs up for this Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at - the hotel, the service, the breakfast is amazing. The staff is really friendly and the entire family had a good time. Having Wi-Fi connection available to all the guests is definitely a plus - not a lot of motels nearby provide that for free. I would love to come back to this super 8.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Average Super 8 faire.

However, the windows throughout do not dampen any sound from the nearby I 35. You'll hear every single car and truck...all night long.

The time connected to the Internet cycles. Meaning: their router allows you online, but you are really only connected for a few minutes at a time. Don't attempt to watch a You Tube video.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
3  Thank bobroo007

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Our stay started out by being placed in a smoking room, when we had requested a non-smoking room. The room smelled like a combination of stale smoke and carpet cleaner. I awoke several times because of the pungent smell. Unfortunately, we were on the first floor, and the window had no screen, so it could not be left open. The hotel staff were very unhelpful with any attempt to rectify the situation.

In addition to the awful smell, the heater did not work properly and the bathtub did not drain. I don't expect much from a place like this, but they failed to meet my low expectations.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amber S
super8waco1, Manager at Super 8 Waco University Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Guest,
We sincerely apologize for the inconvinience you had during your stay. We have had some smoking rooms that we have turned into non-smoking rooms. Maybe that is why you could smell smoke. Since I don't know what room you were in I am unable to assist yon on this problem. We really do appricate your bussiness and will try our best to meet your needs.I once again apologize for the inconvinience, hopefully you will give us another try.
Management

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I would say that this facility does not help the image of the Super 8 chain.
I will start with the good. Great location, clean room, helpful staff person when I checked in, free Wi-Fi, free breakfast, recliner and mini fridge in the room. I just needed a place to sleep since the football game was a night game, so it met my needs. Here is the bad. I felt safe, but I did discover a security issue. My key did not work after the football game. I went to the front desk for assistance. She did not ask for any ID or any other information. I just told her what room and she did it. If this is the norm, it needs to be changed. Older facility, could be updated. I know all hotels will not have flat screens, but I would expect the channels to be clear. A few of the channels were snowy and some channels did not show up on the screen. One of my favorites, ESPN, was one of the snowy ones. Limited selection of channels. Just one channel available for kids, Cartoon Network. Which does not cater to little ones all the time. Lighting is poor and one light did not work. I did go to the front desk to let them know about the TV and light. Staff person did send maintenance. TV picture was a tad better and light was fixed. Staff person did check back with me when I saw her the next morning. Limited selection for breakfast. No fresh fruit at breakfast. No butter for the waffles. Could not consistently get Wi-Fi in my room. When I did have a connection, it was very slow.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JTPJR

Dear Guest,
I apologize for our front desk clerk (who is new) for not asking for I.D. upon redoing your keys to your room. I can assure you that this will not happen a gain. We have gone over agin with our employees about guest showing I.D. before keys are made.
We are all the time workin gon improvements for our motel.
I again sincerely apologize and hopefully you will give us another chance to serve you.
Management