“More than a hotel...felt like HOME..Pet Friendly too!”

Super 8 Waco University Area
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Houston
“More than a hotel...felt like HOME..Pet Friendly too!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

HEY BAYLOR FAMILY-
Great Hotel for Baylor Alumun!!!!! This hotel is the complete deal!!! The price is more than reasonable and Dianna Butler, the manager is willing to work with you to accomomdate your needs any way she can. I called at the last minute for Parents Weekend 2012; she found a nice clean room for me, allowed me to bring my two pups, and went out of her way to care about my situation.
I wasn't sure about a Super 8, because I was expecting a Motel 6. I was pleasantly surprised. It is convieantly situated on I-35 for easy access to Baylor (same side of the Frwy). The parking is well lit. A great area for dogs to potty and play with no left over doggie "stuff." It was well decorated in Green and Gold for the Baylor fan!!
She had snacks out every evening for the guests. Drinks available all day. I liked the fact that she had a little freezer of meals you could pop in microwave and take to your room. Breakfast was just as nice. I would highly recommend giving this hotel and Dianna and her staff a try.
Thanks again to Dianna Butler for making our experience wonderful!! Sara, Nicholas (Morkie) and Dakota (Golden:)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
super8waco1, Manager at Super 8 Waco University Area, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for staying with the super 8 We are glad that the room you stayed in was accomodating for you and that you had a great experience with our hotel! We definitely can't wait to see you on your next trip to Waco!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Austin. The staff was friendly. The room was OK. The room is dated but per the comments below it looks like they are working on it. I agree with the moldy smell in the hallways during our stay and I even saw two live roaches running around so again, glad I only stayed here one night. A nice perk they offered is access to Gold's Gym during yoru stay but I don't know where it was in relevance to the hotel. The breakfast here was minimal and kind of disappointing compared to other hotels we stayed at but if you are looking for a quick place to stay like we were this will do but I don't think that I would make this my first choice if I came back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TCLP2010
super8waco1, Manager at Super 8 Waco University Area, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
dear valued customer
thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

we will be adding more of protien in our breakfast
We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again consider staying at Super 8
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Needing a variety of considerations, I have found this particular Super 8 near Baylor University in Waco, Texas, to be more than gracious and hospitable in my requirements. I'm now staying there on a regular basis. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012
for choosing to stay with the super 8 Waco We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again when you visit Waco. We would like to become your HOME AWAY FROM HOME!
SCOTTSBURG
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had a nice stay. We have a dog and the room was very clean, when we came back from supper our dog was barking and I ask the desk clerk if they had any complaints they said no. They were very helpfull about where to eat .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The sheets in our room smelled like mold and mildew. The carpets were filthy dirty, and the wi-fi did not work. They had a full hotel because of events in town, but that is no excuse for a wi-fi that would not even let you connect.

I'll think twice about visiting this property again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank SteveW_TX
super8waco1, Manager at Super 8 Waco University Area, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
We are truly sorry for any inconvenience you may have had on your last stay with us. As for as the internet all we needed to do was reset it. It is up and running well. We have been replacing carpet in our hallways, so you may have smelled the old carpet being replaced. We hope to see you in the near future so that you may see our changes.

Travelers are raving about these Waco hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I love staying at this Super 8 because the service is amazing. The rooms are very clean and smell good. The breakfast served in the morning is much better than the other super 8 I have stayed at. I can access the internet for free and can print any important documents in the lobby if I need to. Would recommend this hotel to friends and family for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Called ahead and received good price for an overnight stay. Quick checkin and friendly staff greeted us. However, the overall building, lobby, elevator, and hallway did not provide a good first impression. For example, carpet replacement activity had paused for the weekend, but guests had to walk through remnant mess in the hallway. Fortunately, the room was clean and functional. Breakfast was good, but eating area was cramped and could use some updating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank txtaylor5
super8waco1, Manager at Super 8 Waco University Area, responded to this review, September 12, 2012