““This is the **ONLY** hotel I stay at when traveling to Waco, TX.””

Super 8 Waco University Area
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Dallas, Texas
““This is the **ONLY** hotel I stay at when traveling to Waco, TX.””
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Great everything! Very nice hotel. Clean, confortable spacious rooms. Good breakfast. Friendly staff.
The staff and accomodations at this hotel are excellent. It is conveniently located off of IH 35 in Waco, Texas. The rooms are especially clean and comfortable and the staff bends over backwards to make sure I was completely satisfied. I give the place a "10" for excellent!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank zetroxero
super8waco, Manager at Super 8 Waco University Area, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write about your experience at our hotel.At SUPER 8 WACO UNIVERSITY AREA we are committed, as a team, to providing excellent accomodations and outstanding service to our guests.We hope to see you again the next time you in Waco,Texas.

Thanya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2011

never had a problem,excellent customer service (Tania) and her staff will help on all your needs.
It is highly recomend it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank rogermtz67
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 15, 2010

First impression was the hotel looks like new from the outside but the interior, while not bad per se, could use some renovation. The room looked clean but smelled of odor hiding chemicals and the carpet looked pretty worn. Apparently this is one of the only hotels in Waco to allow pets, so that is understandable. As a bit of perspective, generally speaking my philosophy is that so long as a place is clean, I'm just looking for a place to get some sleep. Overall, the Super 8 looked like what I would expect from a motel at this price point.
After the game/dinner we got back to the hotel at about midnight, and that is when the nightmare began. First thing I notice upon entering the lobby is four women who looked like prostitutes lounging in the lobby with a male who looked like he was their boss. I figure no big deal, just keep walking, just here to sleep. My wife and I walk up the stairs to the second floor and the first thing we see is a guy walking out of a room zipping his fly as he walked down the hall. All he had on was shorts. Three more women who looked like prostitutes were congregated outside our room.
I made the first call to the front desk at 2:00am. The room across the hall from us had been a revolving door about every 10 to 15 minutes. The deadbolt was thrown (to keep the door from locking when it shut) and I was able hear EVERYONE who came and went. The front desk's response was that they would send up the security guard, call Waco Police, and evict if necessary.
I made the second call to the front desk at 4:00am. This time following countless visitors, who had come and gone, a fight had broken out in the room across the hall. It sounded like the walls were coming down. This time the frond desk said there was nothing they could do, that Waco PD was not responding to their calls, and that I could thank Baylor University for the whole mess because it was Baylor Universities' fault that this was happening. I said "excuse me?" "How is that again?" To which the front desk responded "Apparently this is happening all over town tonight and all these people are here because of Baylor University." It was apparent that the Super 8 was either in concert with the activity taking place, or unwilling to do anything about it! Had it not been for the fact that we were traveling with another couple who was staying somewhere on the third floor, my wife and I would have packed up and driven back to Houston immediately.
I have never written a negative review of a hotel in my life but thought that this one warranted a write up. I don't want to see anyone else experience what I would describe as an unsafe and unsettling hotel stay. Consider yourself put on notice of how awful this place is and I highly recommend that you seek accommodations elsewhere. Trust me; I would happily have paid twice the $70 to not have put my wife and myself into that situation. From now on, I will bite the bullet, shell out the extra money, and just stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thomasjurisd

Travelers are raving about these Waco hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I made this reservation on Priceline... somehow they rated this at 2 stars.. no way.. Only positive was a friendly staff.

We stayed with a small dog and were charged $11.25 extra for having him even though the carpets have not been replaced in years and reeked like stale beer and urine..

I can't imagine what a smoking room smells like after smelling a "non-smoking room".

$70 after the dog fees is extremely overpriced for this dump... Stay at the Clarion near Baylor, normally Priceline puts us in that place but for some reason the Super 8 was selected this time..

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
West Columbia, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stopped off in Waco to see a couple of sights at the Baylor campus like the Browning museum and the lazy bears. The reception was very friendly and was extremely willing to change our room to whatever suited us at the moment. She was proud of a full breakfast and we found her pride not to be completely unfounded but she used frozen biscuits, not bad but need to be microwaved for good results. The gravy was good. We were put on the third floor which proved very quiet but the wi-fi did not work well there. They were willing to change but that's not important for one night . Location was close to the Baylor Campus, the river front and downtown. We had an nice big king and slept well. TV was adequate. Bathroom was adequate with toiletries and towels as expected. AC was adequate, typical low mount. Elevator was noisy but quick. Plenty of stairs for safety. Extra computer in lobby.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
angemanriv
Reviewed February 22, 2009

The Super 8 Motel in Waco, Texas is by far the worst place I have ever stayed in. Anyone considering staying at this location beware of the following. My vehicle was burglarized despite the fact I parked righ in front of a security camera. The costs resulted in repairs and losses exceeding $1,200. 00. As if the burglary was not enough the management behaved in a predatory way and overcharged me.

During my stay the cleaning staff knocked loudly at my door although the "Not Disturb" sign was hanging at the door. The management lack customer skills and professionalism. Stay at this location at your on peril. The Motel is foreign owned and run like it is your privilege to stay at this dump.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank angemanriv
Centerville Texas
Reviewed November 23, 2008

I just spent two nights at this hotel. My room was fine. Staff was friendly and service was good. I have been on the road for thirty years and have stayed in some hotels that cost more and were not as nice. For the price you cannot expect the Waldorf. I will be back. Cheaper than most hotels in Waco. Could use more channels on the tv.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)