New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Days Inn Waco

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Waco
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Waco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Looking for hotel for business trip. All other major hotels sold out due to TCU/Baylor Football game. After a long hard day of work, getting ready for bed, turning down the covers, major bugs and they were alive!!! Sheet's were soiled with some kind of brown spots. Checked under the mattress, more creepy crawlers that were alive! Pretty gross! We do have photos of bugs and soiled sheets. Didn't expect that from this hotel! Would not stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Feels like a Motel Six! They put plastic protection under the sheet like you would use for a bed wetter! . Price was skyrocketed because of Baylor parents weekend. I don't believe they have an elevator. had to carry heavy luggage up stairs. every other major brand was sold out. Never again

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Pasadena, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed here for 1 full month. They have the most proffessional staff. The ice machines were easy to locate down from our rooms also the soda machines. I had No problems what so ever with my stay. The breakfast had a good selection daily, and the coffee was always ready and fresh. I will be staying here when I am in Waco again. I couldnt have asked for a better place for me and my crew to stay at.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back on the opposite of their truck parking are quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

It's a generic Days Inn...what elsae can you say? We spent one night while traveling. Wouldn't want to do more than that.
There was literally no ice on premises. Apparently the ice machine was damaged earlier and had not been fixed. Nothing in office.
The breakfast was a typical Days Inn breakfast-- hope you like toast/bad OJ/etc.
Room was okay. Several elements (bathroom eg) really needed updating.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bigred
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

My family and I spent Thursday and Friday night at the Days Inn in Waco TX. When we walked in Thursday the room smelled musty. I turned on the heater and the smell dissipated. We got there late and had to leave early in the morning and were just too tired to deal with it. We returned late Friday and the smell was back. It wasn’t that cold, so I didn’t turn on the heater. After a little while, I realized that the smell was concentrated near the bed and smelled like animal urine. It was late, we had to get up early and my family was exhausted so I didn’t want to pack them up to move them to another room so I turned the heater back on to get the air moving.

The next morning was check out. No manager around to speak to about the problem so I had to pay and leave. I emailed this issue to the manager and here is the response I received:

"In response to your stay this past weekend at our Days Inn, yes I agree animal urine is very strong and it does not subside. Our hands were tied by you not advising us at the front desk at check in about the smell in the room. We also did a key trail on the locks and noticed that you were out of the room almost all day. If we would have been notified of the smell, we could have cleaned the carpets and deodorized it to get rid of the smell. You also said when you came back to the room on Friday and the smell was still there you did not turn on the heater because it wasn't that cold. Friday was the coldest day we have had all year. We were not given the opportunity to fix the problem...."

My first concern is that the person cleaning the room had to have smelled it. Animal urine is strong.

My second concern is that I respectfully asked for a partial credit - not a full credit but a partial one. She declined and offered a discount on my next stay. MY NEXT STAY??? Really, because I enjoy sleeping in dog pee?

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family