“Great for the price”

Executive Inn & Suites Waco
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at the America Best Value Inn for Baylor Homecoming 2013. The hotel is perfectly located for Baylor events. The room was a double queen and was very good. We had plenty of hot water. The free breakfast was not lavish, but very decent. The front desk, especially Debra, was wonderful and helpful. We needed extra towels and that was no problem. Although it was a very busy weekend, the staff always met us with a smile and were very courteous. This is not a 5 star hotel and makes no claims to be one, but they gave us 5 star service! A great value for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vacationfam2013
There are newer reviews for Executive Inn & Suites Waco

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here many times over the past five years. When we first started we could not believe the deal we were getting for such a nice place. But over the years it has lost its shine. I hope they pick up soon because the location and price is perfect!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marva S
Reviewed October 10, 2013

wi-fi almost doesnt exist in this hotel. we have changed the room twice and still didnt get good signal. the door lock didnt work because the battery was dead for two days, so we always have to go to the front desk ask them to open door for us. You definitely can find better place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Maxim D
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Despite looking like it may be in a loud part of town, we were pleasantly surprised to see how quiet it was. We were from Cleveland, OH and had never been to Waco. Jerri at the front desk was knowledgeable about the area and familiarized us with the restaurants and the Dr. Pepper museum down the road which has delicious shakes and malts.

Room Tip: Check out the Dr Pepper museum within a mile from the Inn.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I got this from Expedia's secret hotel. It was supposed to be a 2.5 star hotel. IF this is a 2.5 star hotel, motel 8 and travel lodges are a 4 star and La Quintas are a 5 plus star. Just know Expedia's ratings are about 2 starts below normal rating because this motel on priceline is rated a 1 start. Also, my receipt showed the hotel charges a lot less than what I was charged through Expedia.

The first thing I was greeted with when I got to my room was the guy staying next door just standing in his doorway with just a towel on. I was a bit spooked because there is really no reason to be hanging out with just a towel when it's over 90 degrees outside. The first thing I first noticed were the towels. Some of them were kind of brownish. It's like they've been used so much, they couldn't get the dirt out and it lost all the fluff. It was like using sandpaper. The room was very old but had a queen bed and what I think was a sofabed. I was alone so never tried it out. It's a good size room but very old. I'm not sure if the room was very clean. On the wall near the vanity, there was what I thought several coffee stains. Upon closer inspection, it wasn't brown but red. I was a bit freaked wondering what could have caused the red splatter and why it wasn't cleaned. The bathtub wouldn't drain. I old them about it the first morning and by the third morning it still wasn't fixed. The front desk was nice but apparently the maintenance guy is off. For three days? I was like the only guest there. The air conditioner was loud and got louder as the days got hotter. It was like a wind tunnel. The wake up call was 20 minutes late. The linens kind of smelled and I was itching. When I got home, I had all these bites. Not sure if a mosquito got in but bites were a lot smaller.

Breakfast consisted of waffle, two types of cereal and coffee. Juice machine was broken. After the second day I just bought my own breakfast. I already paid for 3 nights through Expedia so I had to stay but would never stay here again. There are places where the building is old but they try to make it work. I got the feeling the owners just didn't care. They could get new towels and have the cleaning staff do a better job cleaning. At one point I thought to myself I wouldn't bring my dogs to stay here. It just felt dirty.

The positives were it is .5 miles from Baylor Law School. The front desk was very friendly. They even called me by my name. It could possibly be because I was the only guest there. It's right off highway 35. This place ranks as one of the top three worst places I've stayed in my life. I think if you were tight on cash and needed a place just to sleep for one night, this might work but otherwise, look for another place. There are much better places in Waco if you just pay a bit more.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank climbinggirl007
Reviewed April 24, 2013

when checking in the desk clerks are INCREDIBLE. from there it is terrible. we got into our room to see we were sleeping on box springs but the sheet seemed clean. because we had been in the neighboring town of West volunteering we were very tired and layed down. it was not but a few minutes later i had a roach crawl across my face! i called and the clerk was very nice and offered a new room. i told her if they are in one room they are in all she agreed and was very apologetic. later after dinner ( we threw our trash in fridge as to not attract any more) we noticed another crawling across the wall. i called again and the clerk agreed that was very gross and told me she would refund money. the owner Roger would not do that because they have"water bugs" not roaches. he did offer a free night. i was also offered a can of bug spray to use for my visit by the night clerk but declined as i have asthma and would not be able to breathe. when i complained about not seeing the refund on my card i was told there would be none. i called the health department and reported them and an inspection is now taking place. DO NOT EVER STAY HERE! if nothing else the mgr/owner is a jerk and will do nothing to help.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank amy h
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our family stayed for one night on a road-trip through Waco. Since it was an overnight stay, we weren't looking for many amenities. The room was clean and comfortable, nicely appointed and roomy enough for two adults and a child to move about easily and relax. We had a coffee machine, micro and small fridge in room. The included breakfast was simple, pastry, cereal, fruit, etc. but plentiful, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The gentleman at the front desk even pulled out an article from the morning paper on a recently reopened theme park when he saw us browsing pamphlets on local attractions. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel that is a step above.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family