Tripadvisor
Waco
1,047 results
All reviews shopping and restaurants complimentary breakfast great place to stay hot tub breakfast staff staff was very friendly front desk staff waffles very nice hotel the breakfast area indoor pool easy access business trip convenient location would stay here again baylor gps
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice hotel, about 15 minutes south of downtown Waco & the Magnolia sites. Lobby was inviting and rooms were clean. Front desk staff were fine-- nothing bad, nothing above and beyond. I was upgraded to a King Whirlpool room (whirlpool doesn't work and they are in the process of removing, so don't use.) This upgraded room was quite big for a hotel room-- huge desk, couch, lots of floor space. There was no ceiling light or light in the main part attached to a switch by the door, so the room is quite dark. I had to go to each light around the room to turn on and off. Not a huge issue, just not convenient. Got a goods night sleep. Could hear doors closing from other rooms, otherwise no noise issues. The free breakfast was very good.

I booked my room using a third party (Expedia) and got a good deal. My parents who booked their room maybe 2-3 weeks before me booked directly from the hotel and used approximately $100 worth of points and still paid (in cash) a little more than me. And their room was standard size. I know it's not anything to do with this specific location and more an issue with corporate, but I think it's wrong that I booked a cheaper room through Expedia and got an upgrade while my folks who are members of the rewards program paid approximately $100 more than I did and didn't get an upgrade. Perhaps Hampton/Hilton needs to make sure better deals go to their rewards members.

Room tip: king whirlpool rooms are a lot bigger (note: whirlpools don't work); buy on Expedia as price Wass about $100 cheaper for two nights
1  Thank goldenparadox
Reviewed January 13, 2020

Horrible staff. Working were rude and not understanding nor did they show any care. I have stayed here the last 6 yrs with the coaching staff for our clinic and have recommended other schools. Never again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank rwilson2020
Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

Staff at this property are absolutely top notch. On 2 different occasions front desk staff went absolutely out of their way to assist us. They could be the definition of Southern Hospitality.
The hotel is very clean and everything seemed to be well maintained and in good repair.
Conveniently located to I-35 but not on the highway and pretty close to many restaurants and shopping though not really walkable.
We did have housekeeping not service our room on 2 days. 1 was entirely our fault (door hanger) and the house sent them back later to make up the room which was much appreciated. On a second day however the room was not serviced when we returned around 3pm and we just rolled with it.
I will absolutely stay at this property again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2020

Excellent service, breakfast, cleanliness, and atmosphere. This all around a worthwhile visit. They were even environmentally conscientious enough to have compostable cups for their fruit/yogurt smoothies.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights for Christmas with my in-laws. Our room was a suite and was very roomy. Some small stains on the furniture, but other than that, everything was clean. The indoor pool was nice.

Date of stay: December 2019