“Excellent Hampton Inn w/ friendly staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Waco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Clinton, Mississippi
“Excellent Hampton Inn w/ friendly staff”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was super friendly, and the property was well maintained. They offer a manager's reception with free beer Monday - Thursday, as well as a free shuttle. We were upgraded to one of the whirlpool suites at check-in, which was a welcome surprise.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonWacoSouth, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South! We can't wait to see you on yur next trip to Waco so that we may continue to providing you with great customer service!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Ft. Worth, TX
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Decided to stopover for a night at this hotel on a trip to south Texas. Found it to be an excellent hotel in a very convenient location with an extremely attentive and helpful staff. The room was spacious and comfortable. The common area and morning breakfast was exceptional. Would definitely stay again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate the time you spent writing your thoughts about our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with your visit to our property and that our staff made your stay more enjoyable. We hope in the future we have another oppurtunity to serve you again soon!
Ada, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

From top to bottom this hotel was fantastic. The rooms were amazing and easy to adjust the temperature in, clean, and taken care of everyday. Everything looked perfect. The cable worked, the breakfast was really good and the people running the hotel were always very helpful and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South! We are excited to hear that you had a successful stay with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Waco!
Brenham, Texas
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I'm having a hard time explaining why I was not that impressed with this property.
The front desk staff were great - always friendly and fast.
The facilities were good - clean and well maintained, with a few exceptions I will note below.
The location is OK. It's kind of by itself, off behind a nice shopping area. It is a little too far to walk, though, if you may buy more than one or two items. The real benefit of this location is that it was very quiet with absolutely no road noise.
I guess part of my disappointment is because I booked too late to get the $100 rate for the wedding I was attending.
Now the bad: The worst thing was the TV reception. On several stations, it would randomly lose signal. This was annoying, especially during a football game I tried to watch.
I always try to keep the door from slamming, so I don't bother those who may be sleeping. But in this case, the sound of a slamming door may have been better than the haunted house creak of the door. (Hotel mgmt. - If you're reading this review, I forgot to include that one on my comment card. Please oil the hinges on room 420.)
The heater was broken on the indoor pool, but the hot tub was hot, so it wasn't a total bust. One of the waffle makers was not hot enough, resulting in a floppy waffle. The other was fine, but the batter had kind of a funny taste both days. Not bad, just not as good as normal.
I guess in the end, it just wasn't quite up to Hampton Inn standards, but it was close.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We apologize that you did not receive the outstanding experience we hope for every guest to have when staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South. We have already attended to the issues that you experienced during your stay so that the following guests do not have the same problems. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Abilene, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was very helpful. I was very please with the breakfast and the on the go breakfast for my early morning. My room was clean and nice as well. I would stay here again. Also, this was close to everything needed (Baylor, food and shopping.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonWacoSouth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your compliments from your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Waco!
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is my second stay at the Hampton Inn Waco South and I will be back. I was in my room, nice clean comfortable room less than ten minutes of arrival. The young lady at the front desk was very efficient and courteous. I will return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HamptonWacoSouth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback of the Hampton Inn and Suites Waco South! We love hearing about your positive stay with us. We love having you here. We all look forward to your next trip to Waco. Hope to see you soon!
Aiken
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've stayed in a number of Hampton Inn's around the country and was a bit disappointed by this one due to cleanliness, service, and consistency.

The room itself was great. Had a studio suite with good space. The problems were:

* the housekeeping was inconsistent; sometimes clean and sometimes not so clean.
* the shower water pressure was poor. It takes 5+ minutes to get hot water and the water pressure was very low. Took a long time to get the suds out of my hair.
* The tub shower curtain was spotty with stains when I arrived a week ago, and it still spotty with stains and mildew today, a week later.
* Sometimes they cleaned and replaced the ice bucket and sometimes not.
* Sometimes they cleaned the toilet and sometimes not.
* Usually they vacuumed but not always
* Not sure why, but the other Hampton Inns I have stayed in has two types of pillows - a feather down pillow and the current version. This hotel only has the latter. Ok, but not as good as the others.

And, although I am here a week and had frequent interaction with the staff, no one remembered my name . Maybe that is what differentiates a supposed 3 star from a 2 star?

Anyway, I love the Hampton Inn model, but this one needs to improve.

Best!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that our housekeeping staff failed at maintaining the cleanliness of your room.

A clean room that has been prepared & maintained for our guests is basic for a good stay. I am sorry if this was not your experience. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.