“ok for a Hampton Inn”

GreenLeadersSilver level
cedar park, United States
“ok for a Hampton Inn”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

indoor pool not heated and too cold to use. Family weekend getaway that was disappointing but hotel is very clean. My daughter and I thought beds were too firm but my husband found the bed comfortable

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonWacoSouth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on our hotel. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit. Our pool is heated and we apologize it was not at an adequate temperature during your stay. We have fixed that issue and now the pool is feeling great. Just a suggestion for your next visit, we do offer extra pillows or comforters if the bed is too firm for your preference. We hope you come and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Garrison Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least 2 dozen times and I have never had a bad experience. It is a wonderful hotel to stay at. We will continue to stay here while my son finishes his last year at Baylor and then for 2 more years while he works on his masters,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you greatly for taking the time to fill out a survey. We are excited for your family and especially your son. We hope to see you many more times and hopefully after he gets his Masters as well!
Round Rock, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel was fine, but the directions I had were terrible and I drove around lost in the dark for a good while. When I called, the person I talked to didn't help much and I was still lost. Then upon arrival, even though I had a confirmation, I had no reservation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

First, we want to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. We greatly appreciate the feedback. Secondly, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience regarding the difficulty of finding our location, and our front desk staff not being very helpful getting you here. We understand that our locations may at times be difficult to locate. One recommendation for your next visit would be to try Google Maps, as their system has updated directions to our hotel. We hope to keep you as a guest and see you soon. Thank you.
Columbus
Reviewed June 4, 2013

First, I am a 10 year HHonors Diamond member, so I travel a lot. Although I have received great service at many properties in my stays at over 60 Hamptons, and this is my first review.
I have stayed at this property about a dozen times over the last few years and they always make you feel at home. The staff is very helpful from recommending local pizza joints to helping you set up tables for games on a rainy Saturday afternoon.
They seem to care that you are there and understand you pay the salaries.
Close to good shopping and restaurants.
Oh yeah, the rooms and indoor pool area great, too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jon G
HamptonWacoSouth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We are ecstatic to read that our staff has made such an impression on you. Your first review as a Diamond member that has been traveling for so long, WOW! You have no idea how much that means to us. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. Our staff will be pleased to hear that their efforts are paying off. We hope to see you back here soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels in Waco. This is hands down the best hotel in Waco if not Texas, the staff are nice and professional, they let my service animal stay free of charge, they have chewy soft complimentary cookies in the lobby and most of the staff are true Texans! Not to mention in room movies. Love those Zombie prep jeeps guys!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank 61David
Thank you for writing such and awesome review for our hotel. We are happy to hear your thoughts as a traveler that our hotel is the best hotel in Waco, if not Texas. WOW, that's saying a lot. Service animals are always welcome. Our guest's needs are our needs and we're glad we can help. Again, thank you for the wonderful review.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Enjoyed staying at this hotel. Rooms were super clean. Breakfast was included, and it was great. The kids loved the waffle maker! Even though we didn't get to use then, the workout room and pool area looked nice.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Nchanson
It is great to hear you had a great stay with us last time you were in Waco. We're really glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the waffle maker. Next time I hope you and your family has time to use our indoor swimming pool and fitness center. I'm positive you will enjoy them too. See you next time.
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I am a frequent business traveler and stay in many hotels. This is by far the cleanest, most comfortable hotel I've stayed in. The amenities are wonderful and the room is classy. I felt like I was in a much more expensive hotel. I give this hotel five stars!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KrishaTan
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about you recent experience at our hotel. Nothing pleases us more than to hear such positive feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed you stay and look forward to serving you again in the near future.