If a hotel is brand new, or fairly new, then they better have thought of everything. And when I say "thought of everything" I mean take into account all the gripes and advancements that the modern traveler seeks and requires from a hotel.
This Waco Hampton Inn passes MANY of my standards:
1.) Ample electrical outlets - easily accessible and not a treasure find behind a desk, end table or dresser/television stand. The bedside lamps each have two outlets on them. That's four bedside electrical outlets. Huge props!
2.) Extensive, "free" breakfast spread. I know, nothing is free, but be smart enough to hide the costs in the room rate, so you're not sticking it to the guests for powdered scrambled eggs and some pastries - and this Hampton Inn has done that. Good spread of hot dishes - said powdered eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage or bacon, the obligatory waffle maker, and an assortment of pastry and breads, oatmeal and fresh fruit. Good coffee.
3.) It seems incredibly petty in the big scheme of things, but it makes a difference when there are front desk personnel at the desk, you walk in - but have already checked in and don't need any assistance - and the people just look up and say hello and smile. It's not a lot to ask. My self esteem is doing fine, but when you travel around you find that it's unbelievably rude when front desk people bury their heads into their monitors and completely ignore people coming in. Even when I don't need anything, it's just nice to know that someone is paying attention and giving a darn, and not appearing to be checking Facebook or playing Farmville.
With this hotel so new the sheet and towels have no mysterious odors that I noticed, the floors were clean, the whole place neat and tidy. In a shopping mall neighborhood with a handful of restaurants nearby. Good location, good place, run well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Waco hotel provides easy access to the Cameron Park Zoo, the Old Suspension Bridge over the Brazos River and Lake Waco. Baylor University and numerous Waco companies are just a short drive away.Make yourself at home in one of our 123 guest rooms and suites featuring king-sized or queen-sized beds, free internet, and complimentary breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Waco South
- Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South Hotel Waco
- Hampton Inn Waco
- Waco Hampton Inn