“Nice Hotel near Shopping”

Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Waco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice Hotel near Shopping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter while visiting a local university. The hotel and room were very clean, though the bed was a bit soft, and the pillows could be replaced; yep, when you lay on the pillow, it's like it is not there. Your head sinks to the bed.

Fortunately, my daughter did not have this problem, as she travels with her own pillow.

The staff was friendly, and the breakfast was very good. Some might call it a continental breakfast, but for me it was a FULL breakfast.

The only problem I had, if you want to call it that, is even though this hotel is very quiet, a nearby room had there TV going all night. You know, it was just loud enough that you could not hear what was being said, but you could hear it going. Actually, at first, I thought it was just some people having a conversation. But when it went all night, I figured it must be someones TV.

In spite of not having a good nights sleep, I would recommend this hotel. All the hotels in the area are pricey, but this one seemed to be the best deal, especially when you include the pool, fitness center, business center, front desk coffee, tea, and cookies, internet, and a very good breakfast. It is not downtown, but you can be anywhere in town within 15 minutes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Murrayville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

This Hotel is very nice, the Room, Lobby and Cafeteria are extremely clean. The Room is quite large and the Jacuzzi that is next to the Bed is a Plus. I was here for a week on Business and was thinking the whole time how nice it would be to take a Vacation there with my wife....All the staff was extremely nice....Thanks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I normally stay with the Hilton chain on my business trips. South Waco Hampton is always remarkably clean and welcoming. I love how constant they are about customer service! (yes I notice the small things) ... My all time favorite detail about being a HHonors member, Upon checkin, Say your name, they hand you your room key. Super quick check-in!! Absolutely love this!!

Room Tip: Be A HHonors Member!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I travel for business regularly and always choose Hampton Inn because of the quality. I have stayed at the Waco Texas Market Place Hampton several times and it sets the bar for an excellent stay from the greeting to checkout. I would not consider any other hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I needed a little getaway. We met at Baylor many years ago and thought Waco would be the perfect place to get away for an overnight stay. I almost exclusively stay at Hampton Inns while traveling for business, so it was a no-brainer to stay here. Has to be the best Hampton I've stayed in before. Everything looked neat and clean upon arrival. Casey at the front desk checked us in quickly(under 5min) and we went to the room. Extremely clean and fresh. Had the King Whirlpool suite. Great room, nice and relaxing. Breakfast did not disappoint either. They even allowed us a late(2pm) checkout the next day, no questions asked or hassles. I would highly recommend anyone traveling to Waco to choose the Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went to Waco for a project in my history class. The king suite with jacuzzi tub was great. It was clean and the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Will definitely use this hotel again. Even hoping we can get the same room as the first stay. Ive been traveling more than usual lately and this by far was the best experience.

• Stayed February 2013
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I enjoyed my overall experience at Hampton Inn & Suites, Waco South. Our room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was great. The front desk was very helpful. I will definately being returning when back in Waco.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family