“Excellent Facility” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Plano, Texas
“Excellent Facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I enjoyed my overall experience at Hampton Inn & Suites, Waco South. Our room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was great. The front desk was very helpful. I will definately being returning when back in Waco.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We traveled together with another family to Waco to tour Baylor. We both stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South. I chose this location based on its rave reviews on this site in combination with its competitive price. We received prompt friendly service. I asked the desk attendant to recommend a local eatery for our evening meal which he did and gave us clear directions to get there and back. Additionally, we enjoyed a wide selection of fresh delicious complimentary breakfast foods in the morning. Our room with spotlessly clean with fresh crisp linens and cozy fluffy pillows making our overall experience pleasurable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Green Cove Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

The best bed in the business. Clean like home; not an industrial-smelling clean. Good and efficient in the morning and accommodating in the evening. Great location for my needs. Waco South is a great example of why I choose Hampton whenever possible.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had the pleasure of working with Liz Walker at the Hampton Inn. My corporate conference went over without a hitch! The rooms were in excellent condition for my executives. As a corporate meeting planner is makes my job so much easier knowing all of my conference needs/rooms and last minute changes will be handled without a worry. I would recommend the Hampton Inn Waco South to anyone without hesitation. Thank you for being on top of my program and helping me with all of my needs!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We combined our Valentines Day and our One Year Anniversary in the King Jaccuzzi Suites and it was perfect. We did the Romance Package and it was the icing on the cake. The hotel was very centrally located. I had forgotten something and we made a short run to the Wal-mart down the road.

• Stayed February 2013
Murphy, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

There are not a lot of choices to choose from if you are staying the night in Waco so you get what you pay for. I guess I'm used to staying at higher quality hotels so I might be a bit bias with my opinion but I certainly don't feel that I got my money's worth, even if I did pay less than $200 for our stay. Between the hard mattress and stiff sheets, the night’s sleep was off to a poor start. Add in the thin walls/floors and a snoring neighbor and you have a recipe for no sleep at all. The breakfast offered was underwhelming to say the least. Dry muffins and Danishes accompanied a selection of no eggs, breakfast meats, or waffles. Realistically, Austin is just over an hour’s drive away and probably worth the trip for better quality hotel selections.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HamptonWacoSouth, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We are so sorry you had a disappointing stay with us. We know how important getting a good night's sleep is and are sorry you did not experience that. I have addressed the issues you mentioned with our staff and hope the next time you're in the area you will consider staying with us again.
Berwick, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

my kids went in the swimming pool and came out extremely itchy. gave them a bath in the room, the water turned a blue-ish color! What Was In The Pool?! Their skin was just burning and it was painful. Two days later you can still see small red dots on their skin and what looks like burn marks where the edge of their bathing suits rubbed their skin!
so disappointing for a hampton inn. :(

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LoriHKilleen_TX
HamptonWacoSouth, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the issues you experienced with our salt system pool and that the hotel did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where every area of the hotel is clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality. You can be confident that we will follow-up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.