“Staff is among the friendliest I have encountered....”

Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Waco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed here many times over the last few years. The hotel staff really does a great job trying to make your stay an enjoyable one. The rooms are cozy and the free breakfast and happy hour make this hotel a no-brainer when it comes to Waco. The fitness center is small but has what one needs to get a workout in. The hotel also partners with Gold's Gym, so you can workout for free at Gold's by showing your hotel room key. The hotel staff does a really nice job and goes out of their way to help you with your wants and worries. The happy hour social is a nice way to grab and snack and some beverages. Breakfasts are always good.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AlexanderDelarge

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

No surprise, clean, nice, good deco, good breakfast, easy parking. Expensive night but you pay for what you get.. So far it's my best pick in Waco, everything cheaper I tried, are very unpleasant. So I will return..

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 19, 2013

After reading all the positive reviews, I thought for sure I will be staying in the best Hampton inn of all the ones we've visited. We are both diamond members and Hilton vacation club members. We reserved this trip with points while taking our son to visit Baylor University. I walked in the lobby with a big smile ready to experience the southern hospitality and was greeted with stern, unsmiley faces. I didn't think of anything then but just felt weird. The check in staff appeared couldn't find a room for me and had to call her manager to help her. I thought the inn was completely booked. The manager then asked me whether I mind a lower floor room. I had no choice but said its ok even though we requested a higher floor room. I was given room 217, right next to the elevator. As I was working on my computer, I heard periodic loud grinding sound. Initially I thought was from next door or the sound of water down the pipe. After I got ready for bed and fell asleep, I was immediately woken up by the same grinding thumping noise again. That's when I realized its the sound of the elevator stopping floor by floor. I had to get up and call the front desk to see if they have any other room that I can move to. I was immediately offered a room down the hall from room 217. I was thankful that they had a room to move me. After I logged all our stuffs over, I realized room 211 is so much larger than room 217 at least 3 feet wider so it's not as cramped. That's when I wondered why as a diamond member I was not only not offered an upgrade to a suite but given the worst room they had. During the 3 night stay I also visited the pool which is small with no one around. I realized the pool water was cold so went to the hot tub instead but found the water lukewarm and slime all around the hot tub. Had to get out quickly to rinse and found there is no hot water in the shower! What an unfortunate experience. Definitely will try Hampton inn Nr next time.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HamptonWacoSouth, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We have addressed the pool and spa issues with our staff and hope that the next time you're in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed for two nights for Baylor Sing. Staff is always nice. Breakfast is always good. Most of the time there are chocolate chip cookies out and they are always good. This time our room was not as clean as normal and smelled a little unpleasant. The hotel could probably stand some fresh paint in places and a little more attention to detail. Would still go back and am planning to in May but was disappointed this time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

If your looking for a great and pleasant place to stay, no matter for business or pleasure this is it. I was welcomed with a smiling face, and was very helpful when looking for a particular place that I had to be the following day. The clerk gave me a simple & easy way to go instead of just say go here, turn here then turn there, he was very detailed in describing where to go and the easiest way to get there.
The room was very clean and pleasant smelling the staff even left me a piece of candy and a little helpful memo describing me of what the hotel was offering.
I have stayed at many hotels in the past few years because I travel for my job. But this was the most pleasant experience that I have ever had staying at a Hampton Inn. They also have a inside pool with hot tub,Which is wonderful in the cold months and a pool outside.

The staff was always going out of their way to make your stay pleasant.

You never had to ask for anything because the staff was always one step in front of you.
On my last night I was wanting a certain kind of food the clerk up front gave me a menu for 2 places and told me exactly how to get there, the staff was very familiar with the area which was helpful when your not from the area.
The location was a great thing it was near a Wal-Mart near a bunch of fast food and great places to eat.
I have no complaints about this place and I will stay at this Hampton Inn when I return to Waco Texas.

Room Tip: The rooms weren't facing the busy highway so you really don't hear all the traffic, I liked...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had to spend more time in Texas, and had another great stay. As usual the staff always greeted me when I came in and sent me off with fresh coffee in the early morning. I have to stay for extended periods, so the have an excellent laundry service. Exercise room always has towels and water.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed several times at this hotel. I have never been disappointed in the service, accomodations, food, or business offerings. I will stay here when in Waco again and would highly recommend this place to my friend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family