“Outstanding hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mesquite, Texas
“Outstanding hotel!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year and have always been very pleased with the location, cleanilness and comfort of our rooms as well as the friendliness of the hotel staff. We look forward to our next stay at Hampton Inns & Suites Waco South.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Fort Worth Texas
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Any time I get the opportunity to schedule a trip through central Texas, I take the time to stay the night here! Staff is great. Rooms are great. Easy in, easy out. Excellent breakfast, coffee and I'm out the door. What else would you want from a hotel?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
seattle
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The property was clean and I like how guests are able to use the Gold's Gym down the street. This hotel failed in the basics though. My colleague and I returned from a workout and needed to shower and head out for our next business engagement. No water was available for the shower. The management said they had posted a sign at the desk. Neither my colleague nor I had seen the sign and questioned how long the sign had been posted.

Being able to take a shower at a hotel, especially before a business engagement, is basic. If the water is to be turned off, it needs to be made very clear to guests. A small sign posted at the front desk is not acceptable communication. The manager did not make any efforts to rectify the situation either by offering a discount on our stay or such.

Very disappointing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HamptonWacoSouth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, January 14, 2015
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the problems you encountered. We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
fort worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel previously, while in town for the Marine Corps Ball. It is a fabulous hotel that gives everyone the star treatment.
When in town for another event this January, it was an easy choice to stay in this hotel again. Great hotel, staff, and experience!! One of my very favorite hotels! The big fluffy beds are so comfortable!
Another perk is how close to the local stores it is, leaving me a lot to do while my husband was busy during the day!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hampton Inn south in Waco is a great place to stay for business or pleasure. The hotel is clean and updated. Well worth the money, a values stay with friendly staff. Hotel located in a nice area of Waco with shopping close by the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Athens, Texas
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have 3 kids 4 and under and the stay went very smoothly! As you know it can be hard to travel with young ones. Upon checking in I was asked if I needed any "extras", and the kids were even handed a cookie. Rooms were spotless, beds comfortable, and the whole building smelt lovely. The pool was heated and clean, and passed the mom test of safety. Definitely will be back when I travel to the area again!!

Room Tip: Any room will be great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Katy, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very clean hotel and very friendly staff. Enjoyed our stay over the Christmas holiday. Really enjoyed the breakfast every morning and the hot coffee available all day. It was really nice to have our room clean when we returned on Christmas day. Other hotels in Waco in the past did not clean the room on Christmas day (and didn't tell they wouldn't be cleaning the room!). Excercise room was clean and well equiped.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family