Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search

“Not my favorite”
Review of Silos Baking Co.

Silos Baking Co.
Order Online
OR
Order Online
Ranked #1 of 55 Quick Bites in Waco
Description: At Silos Baking Co., you'll experience Joanna Gaines' love of baking and experience her classic, fresh and unexpected style in the form of pastries, breads and sweets. Whether you get one of our delectable cupcakes, signature cookies, or something more savory, you'll love Joanna's timeless knack for perfecting a recipe.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stood in line to order a delicious smelling cinnamon roll. Ended up with two cinnamon rolls and a large chocolate chip cookie and coffee.
The cinnamon roll was hard, tasted mediocre. Imagine would have been much better if warmed up.
Chocolate chip cookie was very thick and hard.

I will say the items, especially the cupcakes, were very visually pleasing. They looked delicious and were selling like hot cakes off the shelf.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not anti Gaines ... I live their TV show. I just found their bakery, store, and restaurant over priced and over rated and defiantly not worth the wait.

With that being said, I can now say I’ve been there and done that!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,403)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cupcakes are huge. Icing is delicious. You could get a sugar high eating just one- we bought 18. The wit in line is worth it

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great bakery-quick process even when a line outside!! Got a variety of cupcakes, cinnamon rolls for the family and a gluten free cookie that was yummy!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Well worth the trip, the cupcakes were dense (not dry) and very flavorful, the icing was amazing too, I only wish we had more time to look at everything in the cases before choosing, they said to take our time but there was a line so out of courtesy we rushed. I got a sample of most everything but would have probably ordered twice as much as there were things I missed (cheddar biscuits) that I would have liked to try. I ordered the oatmeal chocolate chip cookie (not knowing it was gluten free which normally to me would scream tasteless) and was amazed how good it was. I will get more if I return (we are not local). Highly recommend, dont be scared of a line out the door, it moves FAST!

Reviewed January 17, 2020

We visited today (Friday 1/17) in the afternoon and it wasn't too full. Now, it was a little rainy and overcast so maybe that kept some people away. We went in the first time to just check it out and there was no line-- walked right in. When we went back to buy our cupcakes, there was a line to get in the door, but it wasn't really more than 5 minutes long. Like the rest of the Magnolia attractions, plenty of people working and there to help and explain how things work. When you enter the bakery, you'll get an order card. You mark how many each cupcake you want and then step up the counters when ready to place the order and pay. Prices are about the same as other "dedicated cupcake shops". I got the Silobration-- white cake with chocolate buttercream and white sprinkles. I have to say, the cupcake was beautiful and the frosting so nicely piped in a wide design. White non-pariell sprinkles were a nice touch. Second, the chocolate frosting was AMAZING! So rich and yummy. Definitely rate it a 10! Now, the cake... it was good, just not what I was expecting. It was definitely denser than I was expecting. It reminded me of the texture and density of banana bread (but w no banana of course :)) It was a very good cupcake, I was just expecting the cake to be a little lighter and fluffier than it was.

Date of visit: January 2020

Been to Silos Baking Co.? Share your experiences!