“Home away from home!!!”
other travelers have booked this property
The Great Room:  fireplace, leather couch and chairs, oriental rugs Gourmet Kitchen: gas range, microwave, copper cookware, nonstick cookware, full range of appliances
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The Great Room:  fireplace, leather couch and chairs, oriental rugs
Dinning Area and Kitchen:
table seats 6; counter seats 2
Great Room: TV & stereo cabinet; wine cabinet; entrance to Bedroom
Bedroom: queen size bed faces TV and book shelves
Bedroom: writing desk and chair; french doors open out to patio
Bedroom: ceiling fan; TV and books
1st floor Bath: vanity; 2 person shower; window seat
Great Room:
stairway to Loft
View from Loft: Dinning Area; Kitchen; Great Room
Loft: 3 twin beds; 2 ceiling fans
2nd floor Bath: vanity and claw foot tub
Roof Porch: think morning coffee; evening wine
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

San Antonio, Texas
“Home away from home!!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

From the moment we arrived (my mother, cousin, and myself), we knew we were going to have a wonderful time! We came to Waco to see Magnolia Silos (hugely disappointing, by the way), but the cottage was the highlight of our stay. The owners, Mary and Mark, took great care of us. We arrived early and the cottage was already prepared. It was the most beautiful little house and is exquisitely decorated! Every single area of the house is unique and special, even down to the amazing pillows we got to sleep on and the fluffy towels in the bathrooms. We kept finding little hidden treasures everytime we opened a drawer. There was even a hidden antique piano! The house had a very expensive feel to it and yet very homey. Everything was meticulously maintained. I have attached a lot of pictures (sorry but many of them are posting upside down and it won't let me rotate them). You can see all the nautical brass light fixtures, antiques, and even the claw foot tub in the upstairs bathroom. There was so much food that we didn't even go out to eat a lot of the time. It wasn't just simple B&B food, either. There was lots of fresh fruit such as strawberries (cut up and whole), blueberries, cantaloupe, bananas, apples, grapes, and even fresh cream to accompany the fruit. We had homemade white chocolate and blueberry scones, yogurt, juices, hot teas, coffee, sodas, iced tea, fresh cinnamon apple bread, homemade waffles, homemade chocolate nut granola,a huge plate of fried bacon, and spinach and cheese quiche. Wow!! We spent alot of our time just sitting outside on the porch enjoying the beautiful grounds and the peaceful serenity surrounding us! There was even a very friendly sheepdog next door that loved to get attention! I guess our favorite part of the trip, however, was Mary and Mark. They told us about things to do around the area, which our favorite was the Homestead Heritage, and talked like old friends. I wish we lived closer so we could get to know them better. They are truly amazing. I also love the fact that they are Christians. We are planning to go and stay again, and will probably not leave the house and grounds at all!

Mar 13, 2017
Janet,
Mary and I have no words. Your review is one of the nicest things anybody has said about us. You go into such thoughtful detail in describing your experience here. We relished every sentence, every sentiment. Perhaps most gratifying was the fact that you enjoyed just being here. We particularly appreciated hearing about how your mother enjoyed the cottage. We'd prayed for each of you for this visit, but especially for your mother. The enormity of loss the three of you spoke of with Mary was so touching. She felt privileged that you shared such deeply personal matters of the heart.
This little venture of ours is turning out to be the most rewarding of any we've had in life. So, thank you for putting into words such a beautiful, indeed elegant, description of what we strive to be. I look forward to the day we see your car turn back into the drive.
All our best,
LWest316
Oregon
“The most amazing place to stay near Waco”
Reviewed February 21, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We spent two nights here, and I wish it had been longer. I can't say enough about this place - hosts Mark and Mary were wonderful and welcoming; they provided a bounteous, delicious breakfast each morning; the house itself is beautiful, private, well-maintained, furnished with lovely things, and in a peaceful setting. It is on acreage with a larger historical (pre-Civil War) home on the property that is being made into a bed-and-breakfast and event center (weddings, etc.). Everything was first class. There are two outside sitting areas, modern kitchen and two bathrooms, one king bedroom and a loft with three twin beds. If a visitor would want to park his car and walk around town, this would not be the place to stay since it is outside the city, but for pure luxury, peace and quiet, and an easy drive into town it is ideal. My only complaint would be that the breakfasts were so large I couldn't do them justice! Mark and Mary felt like old friends by the time we left. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if we are in the area; I might even go out of the way to make sure we were!

Feb 22, 2017
La Juana,
From the very beginning our place has been a blessing to us. The simple truth is, it connects us with people like you and Warren. At the risk of sounding "schmaltzy," Mary and I can honestly say we live out the best of being an American. We work hard, we serve others with an earnest heart, and we receive one of the few things in life you cannot buy: Gratitude. So, once again, thank you. Your words, along with others, are written as a review. But for us, they are a constant reminder that every effort is worthwhile; every day is a gift. And every guest is a friend waiting to be discovered.
Nancy0531
Houston, Texas
“My Second Annual Stay”
Reviewed February 6, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

My husband and I had the privilege of being among the very first visitors to the Cottage at Tell Story Walk, and we left with every intention of returning again soon and often. Both times, I've loved every minute of our stay. Mark and Mary are the consummate hosts, from their close attention to every detail, to their abundantly stocked refrigerator and wine cabinet, to their charming, open-hearted enthusiasm for their home, their city, and their guests. We loved the nooks and crannies of the cottage, the decor, its beautiful rural setting (that is only a few easy minutes away from Waco's many attractions). We will definitely be back--and we're even thinking about planning a family reunion once the main house opens to guests!

Feb 7, 2017
Nancy,
Sometimes, I think if I could start this place over again, the only thing I would change is to have opened 10 years earlier. It is rewarding beyond words to host our many guests, and you and Mark endeared yourselves to us from the beginning. To you, all I can say is thank you for your gracious words, and your trust. It was our good fortune that brought you here to begin with. It was your trust that made you return with Connie and Meredith. We look forward to hosting your family reunion when restoration of the house is completed. And for the record, Mary loved the subtle pressure you so delicately dubbed me with when you told us you would go ahead and book the house for the event, and I could worry about finishing it by the deadline. Beautiful.
Eric G
“Can't be matched! ”
Reviewed January 30, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Mark & Mary, the caretakers were there to greet us as we pulled in. They had the fridge stalked with several of our favorite drinks... including wine for our anniversary. Fresh flowers & delicious baked goods were set out for us to enjoy as well. The cottage was beautifully prepared for every possible need we had. Their breakfasts were the perfect combination of savory & sweet. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook our own dinners we picked up from Heritage Homestead Market.
The linens, furniture, outdoor entertaining & amenities made for a comfortable & relaxing get away. Unfortunately, I came down with the flu the day we arrived. Once they saw I was sick, Mark offered me a hottie tottie to ease my congestion and sore throat and Mary checked on me a few different times. The sweetest!!
Their attention to detail can't be matched!! You won't find more thoughtful and kind people.
We look forward to visiting Tell Story Walk again & again.

Jan 31, 2017
Christy,
I wish I could bottle Mary's response to your review and send it to you. She just glowed with delight. I suppose I'd include myself in that bottling. Your thoughts are appreciated more than you know. We were just saddened that you came down sick on such a special occasion. I know you and Eric had been looking forward to this getaway for quite some time. Still, you made the most of it. And we so appreciated the time you took with us to tell us about your family and life on the ranch.
All of which goes to say, we continue to be touched by so many wonderful people who come as strangers and leave as friends. Our lives are a living testament to the goodness of God.
Thank you, once again, for choosing Tell Story Walk. We look forward to seeing you "again and again."
Our best,
Holly H
“Superb ”
Reviewed January 17, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

One of the best B&Bs I've stayed in - and I've stayed in many! Some girlfriends and I celebrated a birthday in Waco and stayed here for the night. The attention to detail is second to none. It is obvious the owners have spared no expense. On top of that, they are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Breakfast was delicious and everything you could possibly need is right there. I will definitely be back. Thank you, Mark and Mary!

Jan 18, 2017
Holly,
Mary says it best: "Tell them I want them to come back because I didn't get enough of them."
As for me, what a beautiful expression. Everything you said in your review echos what we care about. But most of all, it's serving people like you, Kat, and Bobbie that make our B&B so rewarding.
Thank you for taking the time to write. We look forward to seeing you turn in our gate once again, perhaps this time with your new husband. And please tell Kat to keep hope. Our prayers are with her.
All our best,
Andrea S
“Remarkable”
Reviewed December 1, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

The Cottage at Tell Story Walk is remarkable! We were welcomed by the owners the night we arrived. The kitchen was stocked with everything you could possibly want. The scones and fresh bread were delicious! The cottage was extremely clean and organized. There were four beds, and they were all comfortable. We stayed two nights, and it was the highlight of my trip to Waco.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
Dec 3, 2016
Andrea,
Thank you for such a glowing review. What you failed to mention was the pleasure Mary and I took in listening to an impromptu poetry recitation by none other than the author herself. Simply being in the company of four kindred spirits in front of a clay hearth fire was enough to make your visit memorable to us. Please know that it was not only a privilege to host you and yours, it was a reminder of what family and friends are all about. Once again, thank you.
Reviewed November 28, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

Nov 29, 2016
Kim,
Your choosing our cottage for your family to come together, from far and wide, was nothing less than an honor. We're proud that you found ours to be a place you could all enjoy. Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Mark and Mary
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing