“The most amazing place to stay near Waco”
other travelers have booked this property
The Great Room:  fireplace, leather couch and chairs, oriental rugs Gourmet Kitchen: gas range, microwave, copper cookware, nonstick cookware, full range of appliances
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The Great Room:  fireplace, leather couch and chairs, oriental rugs
Dinning Area and Kitchen:
table seats 6; counter seats 2
Great Room: TV & stereo cabinet; wine cabinet; entrance to Bedroom
Bedroom: queen size bed faces TV and book shelves
Bedroom: writing desk and chair; french doors open out to patio
Bedroom: ceiling fan; TV and books
1st floor Bath: vanity; 2 person shower; window seat
Great Room:
stairway to Loft
View from Loft: Dinning Area; Kitchen; Great Room
Loft: 3 twin beds; 2 ceiling fans
2nd floor Bath: vanity and claw foot tub
Roof Porch: think morning coffee; evening wine
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
LWest316
Oregon
“The most amazing place to stay near Waco”
Reviewed February 21, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We spent two nights here, and I wish it had been longer. I can't say enough about this place - hosts Mark and Mary were wonderful and welcoming; they provided a bounteous, delicious breakfast each morning; the house itself is beautiful, private, well-maintained, furnished with lovely things, and in a peaceful setting. It is on acreage with a larger historical (pre-Civil War) home on the property that is being made into a bed-and-breakfast and event center (weddings, etc.). Everything was first class. There are two outside sitting areas, modern kitchen and two bathrooms, one king bedroom and a loft with three twin beds. If a visitor would want to park his car and walk around town, this would not be the place to stay since it is outside the city, but for pure luxury, peace and quiet, and an easy drive into town it is ideal. My only complaint would be that the breakfasts were so large I couldn't do them justice! Mark and Mary felt like old friends by the time we left. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if we are in the area; I might even go out of the way to make sure we were!

Date of stay: February 2017
Feb 22, 2017
La Juana,
From the very beginning our place has been a blessing to us. The simple truth is, it connects us with people like you and Warren. At the risk of sounding "schmaltzy," Mary and I can honestly say we live out the best of being an American. We work hard, we serve others with an earnest heart, and we receive one of the few things in life you cannot buy: Gratitude. So, once again, thank you. Your words, along with others, are written as a review. But for us, they are a constant reminder that every effort is worthwhile; every day is a gift. And every guest is a friend waiting to be discovered.
Nancy0531
Houston, Texas
“My Second Annual Stay”
Reviewed February 6, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

My husband and I had the privilege of being among the very first visitors to the Cottage at Tell Story Walk, and we left with every intention of returning again soon and often. Both times, I've loved every minute of our stay. Mark and Mary are the consummate hosts, from their close attention to every detail, to their abundantly stocked refrigerator and wine cabinet, to their charming, open-hearted enthusiasm for their home, their city, and their guests. We loved the nooks and crannies of the cottage, the decor, its beautiful rural setting (that is only a few easy minutes away from Waco's many attractions). We will definitely be back--and we're even thinking about planning a family reunion once the main house opens to guests!

Date of stay: February 2017
Feb 7, 2017
Nancy,
Sometimes, I think if I could start this place over again, the only thing I would change is to have opened 10 years earlier. It is rewarding beyond words to host our many guests, and you and Mark endeared yourselves to us from the beginning. To you, all I can say is thank you for your gracious words, and your trust. It was our good fortune that brought you here to begin with. It was your trust that made you return with Connie and Meredith. We look forward to hosting your family reunion when restoration of the house is completed. And for the record, Mary loved the subtle pressure you so delicately dubbed me with when you told us you would go ahead and book the house for the event, and I could worry about finishing it by the deadline. Beautiful.
R7079TJer...
Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
“Can't be matched! ”
Reviewed January 30, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Mark & Mary, the caretakers were there to greet us as we pulled in. They had the fridge stalked with several of our favorite drinks... including wine for our anniversary. Fresh flowers & delicious baked goods were set out for us to enjoy as well. The cottage was beautifully prepared for every possible need we had. Their breakfasts were the perfect combination of savory & sweet. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook our own dinners we picked up from Heritage Homestead Market.
The linens, furniture, outdoor entertaining & amenities made for a comfortable & relaxing get away. Unfortunately, I came down with the flu the day we arrived. Once they saw I was sick, Mark offered me a hottie tottie to ease my congestion and sore throat and Mary checked on me a few different times. The sweetest!!
Their attention to detail can't be matched!! You won't find more thoughtful and kind people.
We look forward to visiting Tell Story Walk again & again.

Date of stay: January 2017
Jan 31, 2017
Christy,
I wish I could bottle Mary's response to your review and send it to you. She just glowed with delight. I suppose I'd include myself in that bottling. Your thoughts are appreciated more than you know. We were just saddened that you came down sick on such a special occasion. I know you and Eric had been looking forward to this getaway for quite some time. Still, you made the most of it. And we so appreciated the time you took with us to tell us about your family and life on the ranch.
All of which goes to say, we continue to be touched by so many wonderful people who come as strangers and leave as friends. Our lives are a living testament to the goodness of God.
Thank you, once again, for choosing Tell Story Walk. We look forward to seeing you "again and again."
Our best,
Holly H
“Superb ”
Reviewed January 17, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

One of the best B&Bs I've stayed in - and I've stayed in many! Some girlfriends and I celebrated a birthday in Waco and stayed here for the night. The attention to detail is second to none. It is obvious the owners have spared no expense. On top of that, they are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Breakfast was delicious and everything you could possibly need is right there. I will definitely be back. Thank you, Mark and Mary!

Date of stay: January 2017
Jan 18, 2017
Holly,
Mary says it best: "Tell them I want them to come back because I didn't get enough of them."
As for me, what a beautiful expression. Everything you said in your review echos what we care about. But most of all, it's serving people like you, Kat, and Bobbie that make our B&B so rewarding.
Thank you for taking the time to write. We look forward to seeing you turn in our gate once again, perhaps this time with your new husband. And please tell Kat to keep hope. Our prayers are with her.
All our best,
Andrea S
“Remarkable”
Reviewed December 1, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

The Cottage at Tell Story Walk is remarkable! We were welcomed by the owners the night we arrived. The kitchen was stocked with everything you could possibly want. The scones and fresh bread were delicious! The cottage was extremely clean and organized. There were four beds, and they were all comfortable. We stayed two nights, and it was the highlight of my trip to Waco.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
Dec 3, 2016
Andrea,
Thank you for such a glowing review. What you failed to mention was the pleasure Mary and I took in listening to an impromptu poetry recitation by none other than the author herself. Simply being in the company of four kindred spirits in front of a clay hearth fire was enough to make your visit memorable to us. Please know that it was not only a privilege to host you and yours, it was a reminder of what family and friends are all about. Once again, thank you.
Reviewed November 28, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

Nov 29, 2016
Kim,
Your choosing our cottage for your family to come together, from far and wide, was nothing less than an honor. We're proud that you found ours to be a place you could all enjoy. Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Reviewed November 21, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Nov 22, 2016
Jennifer,
Thanks so much for your kind thoughts. We enjoyed you and Wes, in spite of the fact that Baylor suffered such an embarrassing loss to your Alma Mater. I'm just wondering, do you have any football players on your team that hail from Texas? If so, can we have them back?
In truth, thank you for choosing Tell Story Walk for your stay here. We hope to see you again one day.
Our best,
Mark and Mary
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing