“Long lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Sendera

The Sendera
Ranked #8 of 178 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Long lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Arrived at 12:30 and restaurant was very busy. By the time we left almost 2 hours later the place was empty. The majority of our party ordered the lunch special which you would have thought have gone quicker. Our waiter was Excellent. He did a great job of explaining the special and answer the few questions we had. Several in the group got the tortilla soup and were not able to finish because it was just too spicy. The special the day we went was beer batter catfish and french fries. The whole dish was WAY, WAY too greasy. The fish were served over a bed of french fries but they were soggy because of all the grease. I would not order this selection again. For dessert our group got the chocolate mousse with marshmallow on top, very rich but would order again. We were not able to get in and out in our allotted 1 hour lunch. View was nice.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank steno225

Victoria, Texas
“Worst dining experience EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Hands down the most ridiculous excuse for food and service in Victoria. 1:15 wait time for our food (which neither my wife or I liked) at lunch. Waiter was very in-experienced. I have experience in the restaurant industry so I understand there can be occasions where you will be lacking in a few areas. In my opinion this is a classic example of poor management. Do not waist your time!

• Visited January 2014
Joshua Tree, California
“Big Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I went to dinner with 3 friends and was extremely disappointed with the food. I ordered a 12oz ribeye medium rare. It came to the table medium well so I sent it back. The next steak was medium rare on the outside but after the first cut it was rare. I'm okay with rare, but the majority of the center was raw. I did not send it back because everyone else had almost finished their meal. The steak was grisly and tough and not worth $24. When I got my bill and saw that they charged $2 for the ice with my $7 shot of Amaretto (see photo) I was flabbergasted! I will not return to this establishment.
The view and atmosphere were great. The service was okay.
One of my friends ordered the chorizo stuffed chicken and ate less than half of it. It tasted too gamey. One friend had a filet which was cooked correctly, but not very flavorful. One friend had a caeser salad with grilled shrimp and she enjoyed her dish. They use kale instead of romaine in their caeser salad.
Diner Beware.

1 Thank thetattooedlady
L H P, Owner at The Sendera, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
So sorry you had a negative experience. I do want to clarify that we certainly do not charge for ice. There is an up charge for drinks ordered "on the rocks", as the bartenders give 50% more product (alcohol) to rocks drinks. As for the kale Caesar salad, our menu states that it is made with kale with an option to substitute a traditional Caesar if desired.
“Excellent Ribeye!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

You'll notice the beauty of this restaurant as soon as you get out of the elevator. The decor is tastefully done and the view is just simply fantastic.

There was only the two of us and we both ordered the 12oz Ribeye Steak (non-aged) along with the Creamed Spinach and the Cilantro Mashed Potatoes.

The steak was superb, cooked to order and very flavorful. One of the best steaks I've had in a long time. The sides were freshly prepared and very delectable.

A job well done by the wait staff as well.

I most definitely recommend it. Your taste buds and stomach will thank you.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Omar R
Victoria, Texas
“It Flows With The Ambience of Texas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Victoria finally has a place of quality. We had a special occasion with our friends recently and selected the Sendera to host it. There were a total of 3 couples and we all had something different from the menu. I do admit, the selections are different from Victoria's local fair but all were good. The only caveat was my steak. I had the 16 oz porterhouse which was cooked close to perfection but was cut wrong, hence the "close". The thickness was correct on the New york side but thin cut on the filet side which made it over cooked. All in all though its a great place to take a date or for special occasions and I plan on returning.

Visited October 2013