“Great staff”

Best Western Plus Victoria Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Victoria
“Great staff”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hotel was well appointed and breakfast was good. We had booked for two nigths and a had to leave early. Ida at the front desk and Slyvia the manager checked me out early without any hassle or extra charge. They were very helpful. Thanks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Gamethvi1942

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
corpus christi
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I came into town to visit my friends family right before Christmas. After shopping aroung for a hotel for the night, I found a nice gentleman (Jared) who was able to get me into his hotel fro a price that I thought was very fair. Most of the hotels in the area were just under $200.00 per night for the stay. Jared was able to get me into his hotel at his AAA rate for my stay. He was very knowledgable on the hotel and its ammenaties and whle i was checking in, he asked me if i wanted a beer or some wine!!!! To my surprise, he notified me that Best Western is the only hotel that offers its guest a happy hour , where you can get a couple of beers or wine, or sodas. They evn have fresh-popped popcorn and snacks availible for their guests in the lobby. He was also intrested in finding out what type of hotels that I ypicly stay at when i travel and insisted that i sign up for their rewards program. I did, and he welcomed me with a rewards member goodie bag that included water and some cookies. All for free! And what a nice sleep i had.... Nice bed, clean room, and they have a really nice breakfast with around 40 different items. Only thing i wish i could have done is get into the hot tub, but if was too windy and chilly outside for that. Hats off to Best Western in Victoria. I will be back!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jay L
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Thought I was staying at one of the better hotels in town for the price. Room had a bad smell. Was told about a complimentary happy hour but when we ask for a glass of wine, front desk person was too busy to serve us. You would think for $180 you would get better value and service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank pinotnoir1111
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Normally my trips to Victoria include me staying at the Hampton across the road for some reason my companies travel booked me at the Best Western. It was only 1 night and very enjoyable from beginning to end. It started with accommodating an early check in due to business to a very friendly staff including the housekeepers. I would definitely come back and stay when visiting Victoria.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Michelle D
Victoria, TX
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were moving from one home to another and needed 3 days at a hotel to have time for the transition. We were very comfortable at the Best Western Plus. The bed was comfortable. The first day, I wanted nothing but rest. The Housekeeping staff were very respectful of not knocking or forcing their timing on getting into the room. They do offer breakfast. We had no problems with room being clean. They had free wifi for us to use. Not a Hilton, but no complaints about our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We've stayed here several years ago and the hotel was top notch. We found on this trip that the hotel maintenance was slipping. We had two phones in our room, neither of which worked. Manager was very helpful and moved us to a suite. Unfortunately, the desk phone in the suite didn't work either. The ceiling above the desk was covered with cob webs. The rooms did not reflect the normal cleanliness one expects in a Best Wester Plus hotel. The desk clerk and the manager were very helpful. Excellent continental breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave P
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Normally stay at Hampton Inns but were sold out. The Best Western was adequate. The rooms had a musty smell and lacking in cleanliness. The breakfast was good and really liked the coffee maker. Not a good value.

• Stayed May 2012