“1st Time Visit”

Best Western Plus Victoria Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Normally my trips to Victoria include me staying at the Hampton across the road for some reason my companies travel booked me at the Best Western. It was only 1 night and very enjoyable from beginning to end. It started with accommodating an early check in due to business to a very friendly staff including the housekeepers. I would definitely come back and stay when visiting Victoria.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Michelle D
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Victoria Inn & Suites

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were moving from one home to another and needed 3 days at a hotel to have time for the transition. We were very comfortable at the Best Western Plus. The bed was comfortable. The first day, I wanted nothing but rest. The Housekeeping staff were very respectful of not knocking or forcing their timing on getting into the room. They do offer breakfast. We had no problems with room being clean. They had free wifi for us to use. Not a Hilton, but no complaints about our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We've stayed here several years ago and the hotel was top notch. We found on this trip that the hotel maintenance was slipping. We had two phones in our room, neither of which worked. Manager was very helpful and moved us to a suite. Unfortunately, the desk phone in the suite didn't work either. The ceiling above the desk was covered with cob webs. The rooms did not reflect the normal cleanliness one expects in a Best Wester Plus hotel. The desk clerk and the manager were very helpful. Excellent continental breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave P
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Normally stay at Hampton Inns but were sold out. The Best Western was adequate. The rooms had a musty smell and lacking in cleanliness. The breakfast was good and really liked the coffee maker. Not a good value.

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank Bug_Doctor
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My wife recently had surgery and we had to stay a week at this hotel. When I made my reservation the receptionist told me the price was $101.00 a night. When I checked out the following week they charged me 153.00 a night. This motel know's oilfield workers are in their area and making huge profits off of them. I waited 3 day's for the manager to call me and discuss this issue, finally I drove back and manager stayed in office and wouldn't even l get out to look me in the eyes. Pretty sorry management. The room's was'nt the best I stayed in, and for that much money I would have stayed at a better motel. This is typical price gouging motel due to the oilfield workers. Wonder what their rates where before we got there. Never again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank James S
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This was a business trip. I've stayed at better & worse. A little on the pricey end for what it is. Was clean enough but the room did have a lingering musty oder not even the A/C could touch. Be care in the shower. Tub is steeply contoured with narrow bottom & no anti-slip material. Easy to fall when standing in shower. Breakfast was usual fair. Hot items were cold. Business center would not print my airline boarding pass. Front desk staff printed pass for me. Staff here was very friendly and helpful. Would consider staying here again if unable to get a room at one of my trusted & preferred national chain hotels. This was an example of why I tend to shy away from the Best Western chain, yet I have found some real gems here and there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WisconsinRanger
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This is a nice and clean hotel and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in Victoria, Texas. With a AAA discount and room taxes our bill came to about $172.00 during the week- a little pricey, but worth it. The rooms are nice and everything worked well. The hot breakfast was a welcome surprise and that coffee machine can make some really good coffee. I suggest that you try to get a room that does not face the highway. We were in Victoria because a famliy member was critically ill in a local hospital. We were lucky to make this one night reservation because it is a popular hotel and is often booked by oil companies in the area for their employees. We tried to make reservations for other nights and the hotel was completely booked. So, try to book ahead of time.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family