“GREAT”

Hampton Inn Victoria
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This staff knows how to take care of their customers... They went above and beyond the call..Great job!!!I called ahead to tell them my wife would be in late and they had the A/C on the light on and paperwork ready when she came in from visiting family member in ICU at local hospital...THIS was very comforting to our family. Great Service!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Room was clean and quiet - bed was comfortable! The hotel staff was very helpful & friendly and I liked the variety of items on the complimentary breakfast buffet. Hotel is being remodeled/redecorated and it looks lovely with the progress they have made so far.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was a very clean and quite functional venue. Friendly staff members, recently painted, excellent location...makes for a great one-night stay for me. This place may have been a notch above some of the other Hamptons...but, still a bit pricey at almost $160 per night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here three times but not again. The issue was not a problem with the hotel but indifference from the Hampton Inn management and an hhonors rep. They let what was a minor question linger and fester, turning me from just questioning to outright angry with the place. If people don't respect you enough to answer simple questions, why patronize them?

The good -- staff is fine for the most part. Hotel is clean for the most part. Sort of quiet.

But I traveled with someone this past time who booked an AARP rate on hhonors. That rate included up to a 2 p.m. checkout. I'm the type who usually travels late and leaves late, but even a 2 p.m. checkout was something that was way too late for me.

So when I checked in -- 4:45 p.m., early by my standards -- I asked about the late checkout. The desk clerk had no clue, adding that hhonors puts a lot of stuff on their site that nobody at the hotel knows what's going on. Ok, that doesn't sound too good. Still, she offered a 1 p.m., which was fine.

Up well before then. But, a couple of minutes before noon, there's a knock on the door, followed by the housekeeper trying to barge in. Top lock stopped her, and I told her I had a late checkout. Twenty minutes later, a call from the front desk: We don't want to disturb you but are you extending your stay? No, I was offered a late checkout. Oh, we don't have that listed here.

Emailed hhonors afterward and asked them if the 2 p.m. thing was something the hotel knew about and, why I wanted to know, do I have issues with maids trying to barge in at Hampton Inns, near or well before normal checkout times. The rep responded that the hotel should know, and she would ask them.

A few days later, she responded that the hotel management said the rate was correct and that late checkouts are granted on the basis of availability. I did not ask for either answer. So I emailed back. Nothing. Emailed again. Nothing. So all I wanted to know was why the clerk didn't know about the AARP special checkout -- nothing about the rate -- and why there was no communication as to why no one knew about the late checkout -- it was given to me; there were no availability issues.

So the hotel and hhonors took what were two simple questions and refused to answer thereby losing a customer in the process. I am so mad at the hhonors rep's indifference that I, who stay more toward Hilton brands than Marriott, Hyatt, ICI, am probably going to significantly cut back on my Hilton stays and go toward other brands.

As for this hotel, with the oil and natural gas boom in the area, there are tons of overpriced hotels stretching from Houston down to Corpus. Choose another. The HIE in Wharton, the Fairfield in Victoria, the HGI in Sugar Land all have done better for me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stay at this hotel frequently...this is not the first time they did not clean the room. Also the air conditioner was not on in the room upon arrival and it was 100+ degrees outside. I like to of never got the room cool enough for even tolerable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This property is about 7 years old. Lobby layout is a little different from most of the Hampton Inns we have stayed at. Eating area not quite as attractive. But, staff was friendly and the room was clean. Like many Hampton Inns, it is not the easiest place to get to unless you know where you are going. Lots of eating places (good Mexican food right next door!) and the only mall in Victoria is close by. It is a good choice for this city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Staff very friendly and acommodating. Hotel was under rennovations and we were not however advised so we had a few inconveniences we weren't anticapating. I feel once hotel is finished things will get a bit better. Were also needing to relax by the pool and it wasn't in operation. Hot travel day in middle of summer didn't make for happy children!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family