“Great Business Hotel”

Hampton Inn Victoria
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a great business hotel with above average Hilton standards. The staff is by far the best I have seen in quite awile. They are the best in Victoria for sure. The rates are a little high but the oil boom is really helping the economy. The Hampton's rates are the best in town though. The GM Zona is always available and takes real pride in the property. The looby and halls are in need of some refurbishment due to over use. That is an ownership issue not a local issue. Can' miss with this Hampton.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Landman_10

Reviewed April 28, 2012

We usually stay at another place but it was booked so we stayed here and it was acceptable. Beds were comfy, room clean not too noisy even though we had the room behind the elevator - normally I ask to move if they give us that room but I decided to sit and listen for a bit before going back downstairs and didn't hear a thing - that was surprising. I wasn't crazy about how the breakfast area was set up - it didn't "flow" well but that's a design issue. Breakfast was good - especially the waffles though I didn't care for the eggs (I think they were powdered) but there were plenty of other things to eat. Fresh, warm cookies in the afternoon were a nice treat too. Overall the experience was pleasant and I would stay here again - its close to the mall and popular restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank cyncov
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This property is superb. The staff will treat you like you like family, the lobby smells fresh, the rooms are impeccable, and the location is perfect! It is obvious that whoever is running this hotel genuine cares about the happiness and satisfaction of their guests. It's refreshing to see a property that is customer oriented rather than product oriented. Well done Hampton Inn and thank you for going the extra mile. The only issue I have is with the price. It's worth every penny, but still a little steep for this location.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank Facepunch
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed in Victoria a few weeks ago for a wedding. From the time that I walked in, i felt as if i was being welcomed to my own front door. There were two people working at the front desk and one of them, Jerry, had just put out freshly baked chocolate chip cookies (my personal favorite). The other girl, Bridgette, was very helpful in getting me checked-in to my room. I had previosly asked to be on the first floor facing the back parking lot (so I could see my vehicle from the room), and they had my room where I wanted on the first floor.

The room was clean and smelled really fresh! The manager even left a note for us on the desk. Welcoming us to town and stating that they would be happy to help us with anything we needed, and boy did we put them to the test!!!! We needed directions to the church we were ahving the wedding rehersal at, directions to the restaurant that the rehersal dinner was at, and the directions for the easiest way to get back to our home.

Jarred was very knowledgable in helping us to get where we needed and even offered to help us find a good store to purchase our gift for the bride and groom. Right before we left for the wedding he had noticed that i had lint on my tuxedo and went behind the desk to grab a lint roller and he personally rolled the lint from my tuxedo!!!! WOW!!!! Thanks, Jared, for getting me to the wedding, loking my best!

The breakfast in the morning was right on point! Eggs, bacon, potatoes, fresh fruit, pastries and even oatmeal! What a delight!! The hotel staff, the rooms, the atmosphere, and everthing reached further than my expectations would allow. I will make sure to stay there every time I go to Victoria. My wife loved it, too! She even spent 10 minuetes filling out a comment card about our stay. Good work Hampton! Yall are a cut above the rest!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jay L
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was pleasant. I would recommend this hotel, but be sure to make your reservations well in advance. This hotel sells out fast for a reason.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Spinnerjo
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I have to travel to Victoria several times a month and cant always get in at the Hampton, but I have made my reservations for the rest of the year after this week’s stay.
The staff at this Hampton always makes me feel welcome and missed with something as simple as the fresh baked cookies in the lobby when I get there to the hand written post note on my Key packet. A few months ago I checked in and to my amazement there was a pillow with name embroidered on it, I called and talked to Bridgette, and she told me we want our regulars to feel even more special.
Victoria is a very hard city to get reservations in with the oil boom going on and the rates are much higher than other Hampton I stay in but worth it. On Valentine’s Day after a hard day of work and missing my other half I got home and into my room and they did it again…. Took my breath away! A box of chocolates and hand written Valentine was on my bed from the staff. When I called down to thank Jared and the team I found out they did this for every guest not just us road warriors.
Zona and her team have done an amazing job making all of us feel wanted at their hotel.

Looking foward to my next visit.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Beth S
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This Hampton Inn was up to the usual high standards of what I've come to expect from Hampton Inns nationwide. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Professional and friendly service. Even though Victoria is way off the beaten path.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business