“Home Sweet Home”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Victoria
corpus christi
“Home Sweet Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed in Victoria a few weeks ago for a wedding. From the time that I walked in, i felt as if i was being welcomed to my own front door. There were two people working at the front desk and one of them, Jerry, had just put out freshly baked chocolate chip cookies (my personal favorite). The other girl, Bridgette, was very helpful in getting me checked-in to my room. I had previosly asked to be on the first floor facing the back parking lot (so I could see my vehicle from the room), and they had my room where I wanted on the first floor.

The room was clean and smelled really fresh! The manager even left a note for us on the desk. Welcoming us to town and stating that they would be happy to help us with anything we needed, and boy did we put them to the test!!!! We needed directions to the church we were ahving the wedding rehersal at, directions to the restaurant that the rehersal dinner was at, and the directions for the easiest way to get back to our home.

Jarred was very knowledgable in helping us to get where we needed and even offered to help us find a good store to purchase our gift for the bride and groom. Right before we left for the wedding he had noticed that i had lint on my tuxedo and went behind the desk to grab a lint roller and he personally rolled the lint from my tuxedo!!!! WOW!!!! Thanks, Jared, for getting me to the wedding, loking my best!

The breakfast in the morning was right on point! Eggs, bacon, potatoes, fresh fruit, pastries and even oatmeal! What a delight!! The hotel staff, the rooms, the atmosphere, and everthing reached further than my expectations would allow. I will make sure to stay there every time I go to Victoria. My wife loved it, too! She even spent 10 minuetes filling out a comment card about our stay. Good work Hampton! Yall are a cut above the rest!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Jay L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Oro Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was pleasant. I would recommend this hotel, but be sure to make your reservations well in advance. This hotel sells out fast for a reason.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Spinnerjo
Peoria Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

I have to travel to Victoria several times a month and cant always get in at the Hampton, but I have made my reservations for the rest of the year after this week’s stay.
The staff at this Hampton always makes me feel welcome and missed with something as simple as the fresh baked cookies in the lobby when I get there to the hand written post note on my Key packet. A few months ago I checked in and to my amazement there was a pillow with name embroidered on it, I called and talked to Bridgette, and she told me we want our regulars to feel even more special.
Victoria is a very hard city to get reservations in with the oil boom going on and the rates are much higher than other Hampton I stay in but worth it. On Valentine’s Day after a hard day of work and missing my other half I got home and into my room and they did it again…. Took my breath away! A box of chocolates and hand written Valentine was on my bed from the staff. When I called down to thank Jared and the team I found out they did this for every guest not just us road warriors.
Zona and her team have done an amazing job making all of us feel wanted at their hotel.

Looking foward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Beth S
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

This Hampton Inn was up to the usual high standards of what I've come to expect from Hampton Inns nationwide. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Professional and friendly service. Even though Victoria is way off the beaten path.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Gene43235
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Hampton Inn is always my first choice. I can count on nice clean room, great bed, fast internet and a breakfast that suits me fine. At check in they made a point to praise their wifi in every room. Well, the internet was worse that the last dial up service I had. It took 8 minutes to load the page to write this review. When I called the front desk to ask if maybe they were having some problems, I was told the service was just poor to our room and added "sorry". We were not offered a different room and weren't really interested in moving after unpacking and already showered and settled. So, if internet is important to you, don't stay here. We stayed on the Monday before Thanksgiving and I guess that is why they didn't offer AAA discount. Bottom line $140 plus taxes and useless internet is not acceptable to me.

The room was clean and bed was great.

Room Tip: If internet is important, ask for rooms that have service. This might not help because they spend a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sspann
Steve H, Manager at Hampton Inn Victoria, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thanks for providing us feedback about our hotel. We strive to deliver the best service, and appreciate you being a loyal Hampton guest. Fortunately we had enough clues from your review that the hotel was able to reach out to you today and make amends for your internet issue. We did have a technical issue with the internet the night you stayed, and we are in the process of expanding our bandwidth for all guests, which we hope to have complete before the end of the year. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your next visit.
-Ralph Varble, Regional Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

a nothc below a Homewood suite but was ok for 1 night. location on edge of town . Accommodation in this part of Texas is in short supply, had to travel 40 miles to get it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ricc099
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Victoria for 3 nights during a trip for a family wedding. We filled the hotel with extended family and friends of all ages...from little kids to grandparents. Close to many restaurants and the highway thru/around Victoria. The staff here was awesome! Friendly, helpful, accomodating...simply the BEST. Rooms were good size, quiet, clean and comfy. The hotel provides a free breakfast which was yummy every morning with good selections (fruit, waffles, pastries, eggs, meat, yogurt, juice, tea and cereal...something for everyone). There is a small fitness facility with treadmills, a bike, weights and a t.v. Towels were provided and the room was very clean. We used the pool just once, but it fit our needs -- clean, plenty of chairs and tables, and floaties for the kids. My only complaint for this hotel is the noisy, noisy air conditioning unit in our room (others had this same complaint). It "banged" on and off making a solid nights sleep difficult as it woke us up everytime. If they fixed this issue, I would give them an excellent rating for sleep quality as well. Victoria is only 1 hour from the shore/beach so we got a little beach time in one day in Rockport. Wish we would have had more time to explore this funky little beach town. Guess we will have to return. Thank you for a wonderful stay Hampton Inn Victoria and for taking care of our extended family and friends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family