“Shrimp and Catfish yummy”

Bayside Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 180 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Seafood
Victoria, Texas
“Shrimp and Catfish yummy”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We live in Victoria and eat here frequently.If you like fried shrimp or fried catfish this is a good choice locally. My husband andI usually order the jumbo shrimp or fried catfish, salad and baked potato. The side salads are small, but they are always crisp and fresh--iceberg and a tomato. The fried dishes are consistently good, not oily or greasy. The choices in Victoria--after living in larger cities--are limited, but I'd recommend this restaurant. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited September 2013

Weimar, Texas, United States
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I stopped in while passing through Victoria and we enjoyed a great seafood supper. The service was excellent and the food came super fast. The catfish was the best I've had in a while, the stuffed crab was excellent, the oysters were small but good and finally the shrimp were large and extremely tasty. Overall the food and service are superb. Look forward to returning for another great plate of food.

• Visited March 2013
“Chicken Fried Seafood & Poorly Managed”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant on our way to Corpus Christi after reading the reviews. What disappointment! We waited 15 minutes before our order was taken. We waited 45 minutes for our meal. What a disappointment. We ordered a fried shrimp & catfish platter to share and never received a second plate. I had to get up and help myself to a to go container to eat off because our second plate was never delivered to our table. The food tasted like fried chicken. I appears they use the same batter on their seafood as their ck fried steak!!
Their shrimp cocktail was tasteless! We expressed our disappointment in their service with the woman behind the counter who appeared to careless! We spend $35 in a shrimp cocktail, shrimp & catfish platter and one tea & water! What a waste of our money! We will never return.
I wonder who may have written the previous reviews.

La Grange, Texas
“Best Seafood Around”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Where to begin? Bayside is my new fav seafood restaurant within an 1.5 drive of our home. The food was scrumptious. My husband had a platter with everything. I will comment on his stuffed crab because I snitched a bite. It was not your typical bland stuffed crab. It obviously was made fresh from scratch, and over the top. I had the fried catfish and oysters. The catfish was hot, fresh and the batter was light, flavorful and deliciously crispy. The oysters also had the perfect batter. We selected the sautéed mixed veggies and a salad as sides. The veggies were very fresh with just the right amount of seasoning and sautéed perfectly. The salad was simple and fresh. The beer was cold and the staff was attentive, welcoming and friendly and our food arrived in a very timely manner. We will def make Bayside Seafood a regular stop and even think of excuses to visit Victoria....and, of course, dine at Bayside.

• Visited March 2013
Victoria, Texas
“Best Seafood In Town”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This restaurant hasn't let us down. Keep trying different menu items and found them excellent. Most recent was grilled Flounder and Red Snapper w/ Shrimp. VERY GOOD. Large portions, not a long wait for food, and best of all a good staff.

• Visited December 2012