“Best BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: (361) 485-1112
Description: (361) 485-1112
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Love their bbq chicken and ribs! The sauce is sweet and tangy! Love their potato salad too. Sweet and creamy.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is at 1202 E JUan LInn in S central Victoria.It's a pretty plain -looking place on the outside,but it was full of people inside on a rainy May 24th when we went this week.She had a sausage plate with green beans and cole slaw.I had a brisket plate with the same sides.The brisket was so tender,it fell apart when I pickup up a slice.I think it was the best I ever had.The sausage was fine ground and delicious.The green beans were great and the slaw was spectacular.
When we finished,I went up to the counter and told Ricky Mumphord that he made the best brisket I ever had.
The family moved to Victoria from the New Orleans area about 18 years ago.,so they were not there when we returned to Corpus Christi from there in 1987.This is a tiny jewel in the restaurant market in Victoria.I highly recommend it.There are vwery few places I highly recommend.

Reviewed May 13, 2018

If you like original down home BBQ, this is the place for you! The sweetest family owns it and they do a fabulous job! The brisket is tender and juicy, ribs are falling off the bone good and great sausage, too! Restaurant is a real southern throwback! You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

My brother and I had lunch here today on our way back to Austin from Corpus Christi. We both agree if we stop in again we would get the sliced beef sandwich rather than the chopped beef sandwich that we had today. The chopped beef really a chopped beef in my opinion since it was too wet and mushy for both of us. I had potato salad as a side, but found it more like mashed potatoes and a little too sweet for me. My brother had their green beans which he said was very good. All in all this is a great local BBQ restaurant which is a bit off the normal travel lanes between Corpus Christi, but is a place one should try if you are in the area.

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

This is a family owned bbq restaurant. Its been rated #1 for many years. The Mumphord's turn out top quality bbq brisket, chicken, sausage, and ribs. I highly recommend it.