“Delicious burgers in a pleasant setting” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Victoria, Texas
“Delicious burgers in a pleasant setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

I used to work in an office nearby and fridays were my favorite because it's the only day they're open past 2 pm. Working nights, i'd call in the order and walk to pick up up. They have amazing fried pickles, cheese sticks, handmade beer battered fries, and the burgers are delicious too. The restaurant itself is nice, very open but it has an old classic downtown grill feel to it. The staff is friendly, and service is always quick. Stop there for lunch if you aren't here on a Friday, you won't regret it.

Victoria, Texas
“Has it ALL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

Voted best hamburger by Texas Monthly Magizine. Love their buns! Absolutely love their sweet potato fries too. I can not go in there and not order them and I do not normally order french fries. They have specials each lunch and have not had a bad meal yet. We go out and eat lunch 3 days a week every week and this is one of our favorite places to go. We stop in for lunch at least 2 times a month for the past 2 years. Also try their hamburger salad. My husband LOVES it!!!

And atmosphere, they have atmosphere...just a cool place to hang out. Love the antiques and the going back in time feel when I'm in there. For sure one of my favorite places to eat in Victoria at lunch time. The past few times we were there for lunch on Friday, they had a pianoist playing great music in the background and didn't have a hard time talking. WOW!!!

The place is packed during lunch with locals but there is always somewhere to sit, service is great and your food comes quick. I believe they are only opened during the day or even maybe only opened for lunch? Before you make the trip you may want to check their times.

I do not know where that other review came from and was so surprised to read it. It didn't include any reasons either why they felt it only deserved a 1 star. I know better.

• Visited June 2011