“Under remodeling but still well worth a stay here”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Victoria
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The third floor is currently under remodeling. They are doing one floor at a time. I stayed on the second floor which was very nice, clean and bed was very comfortable. Room had a very nice tv. The workers stopped about 5 pm daily. Started again about 8 am. Both times were perfect for me. Their free breakfast was great! Provided a good variety. Indoor heated pool. As an apology for their remodeling mess, they gave a nice light dinner meal to all guest. The night that I stayed, they served Salisbury steaks with brown gravy, mashed potatoes, and some DELICIOUS rolls! I enjoyed all of it! The meal definitely made me forgive them for their remodeling mess. Lol. The hotel is in a great location. Close to Victoria mall, restaurants, fast food chains, and other retail stores. I would definitely return to this hotel even with their remodeling mess! All and all, this hotel made a good stay for me. I was in the area to attend my great grandson first school (pre-k) Christmas program.

Room Tip: I ask for a room with a refrigerator and refrigerator. I also ask for the highest floor to help avo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
VictoriaFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Grace_Baby, Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in the Victoria area. Sincerely, Lori Hyden, GM

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed in October of 2012. The staff is wonderful, they were helpful and courteous. The hotel and room are clean, the service staff did an excellent job of taking care of the room. I liked the breakfast selection and the coffee is good. It was a reasonable value, I'll stay there next time I'm in Victoria.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2013

As a road warrior with 8 years of travel experience and not a big fan of the Fairfield Inn brands, I must say that this location was decent and comfortable. The front end staff was attentive at all times. The breakfast room is small and tight. The food is hot and better quality than the Holiday Inns express breakfast. The room was clean. The bed was very comfy. For the value, I recommend this hotel on your next visit to Victoria.

Room Tip: Highest floor away from the elevator
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear B0rtiz,
I would like to thank you for your review and for your comments regarding your stay at the Fairfield Inn Victoria. I am pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in the Victoria area.

Lori
General Manager.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Older property, but in decent condition. Rooms were clean, but noise from other rooms and from outside was noticeable.

No bananas at breakfast :( and a somewhat cramped eating area.

Awkward, single parking lot entrance.

Overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
VictoriaFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the Fairfield Inn Victoria. I am sorry to hear that there was outside noise keeping you from having a pleasant stay. Please know that we will be going through full renovations soon and I hope that will help with the noise that you experienced as well as the breakfast area. We hope that once these upgrades are completed you are able to come back and experience them for yourself, if not sooner. Sincerely, Lori H General Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Positives... Staff was excellent. the one woman working the front desk the day I was there was perfect. Breakfast buffet was very good and what you would expect. Hotel is quiet and rooms seemed clean. I like that fact that you can keep the fan on all night and have it not go off once the room reaches a certain temp. Nice way to add white noise. Room views... Not much of a view. if you've been to Victoria, TX then you know there is really nothing to see so the view does not make a difference. Bed and pillows were very comfortable and the room was a nice size.

Negatives: (Really only had one)
Room had bugs, plain and simple. Really no way to recover from that one.

I found a bug walking across my pure white pillow in the morning and took a picture of it. To me and everyone I asked, it looked like a bed bug but I checked the ENTIRE bed from top to bottom and under the edge folds, under sheets, under mattress, under bed and I could NOT find any other sign that there were bugs.(associated with the bed). As for the room, that was a different issue. I found a lot of dead bugs along the kick board of the room, including a very large dead grasshopper in the closet area. The other dead bugs were too dead and messed up to determine the type. Although they were dead, they were in fact alive at one time. Either way, it showed that the room was not that clean, at least not at the level that they would think someone would check.

So in the end, I checked out of the hotel as I just could not stay there. I had a lone bug but it came from somewhere and managed to find its way to my bed. The other hotels in the area are just about same so I drove 2 hours back to Houston each night to stay at a better hotel. I know it sounds crazy but I know I would not be able to relax enough to fall asleep.

Although most all other items about the hotel were positive, the bugs knocks the rest out of the water and I need to give it a terrible rating. Nothing worse than the possibility of bringing one of these little bugs home with your in your luggage.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
VictoriaFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments regarding your visit with us. I would like to apologize that you were not fully comfortable with us. Please know that we take your comments very serious and the issues you mentioned were addressed immediately. We hope that you are able to give us another try on your next visit into Victoria. I am confident that you next stay will be a pleasant one!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here last month and enjoyed it. The staff was very helpful to us and the room and bed were both very comfortable.

The staff also made some local suggestions for food that turned out well. My only issue with this hotel is that the noise carries between floors more than your average Fairfield or other similar motel. We had some kids above us that were rather rowdy but they didn't stay up late.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
VictoriaFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad your visit with us was enjoyable. I would like to apologize for the noise issue that you encountered. Anytime that you experience loud noise while staying with us, please contact the front desk and we are always glad to help. We hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, Lori General Manager

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were adequate no microwave or frig in the room. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. The pool and hot tub were well kept. There is only one access point to the parking lot. The staff was friendly but unaware of rooms without refrigators and microwaves. I was offered a room change when I re checked my room and advised them the frig they said was there wasn't.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Victoria. I am pleased to hear that your overall stay was pleasant. I would like to apologize for the mix up regarding the refrigerator. I have addressed this with my staff to ensure that issues like this do not occur in the future. We hope to see you again, the next time you are in the Victoria area. Sincerely, Lori General Manager