“do not stay here” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Victoria
houston
“do not stay here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

I work for choice hotels and this motel was dirty fromt he minute I stepped in the room. The carpets were stained as well as the bed sheets. The light next to the bed would only work when I sat downon teh bed. Opened the closet door and the ironing board fell out. Refrigerator in room was very slow to cool. There is a standeard of quality expected from choice hotels and this motel does not come close to meeting that expectation.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2009

I had a great stay at this hotel. The front desk agent was very courteous and professional and made me feel quite welcome when I arrived. I had a short wait to check in but she actually let me know she saw me, smiled and said it would be just a minute. The room was clean and comfortable but nothing fancy. I did hear from the maid that the rooms were going to be redone soon so if that happens it will be nice. The room was quiet and I got a good night's sleep. The breakfast at this motel is the best I've had in a long time at a place like this. They serve hot food and plenty of choices. Overall, a very nice experience and will definitely stay there again.

• Liked — The clean room and the nice desk person
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Buda
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2008

Cons:For $100 a night, you would expect way more!. The room smelt of urine by the refigerator, Did not seem like it was in a good part of town. We opened the closet door, and saw mold on the walls.
Pros: The beds were comfortable

• Liked — The beds were comfortable
  • Disliked — To pay $100, for what? It is comparable to Moel 6 whicj was $65.00 a night
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank madash
qualityinnvictoria, General Manager at Knights Inn Victoria East, responded to this review, April 14, 2008
If our rooms are found to be unsatisfactory to a guest, we will remedy the problem immediately-if notified.
Sun City, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2008

This was the first time I had stayed in Victoria so really can't compare this hotel to others in the area. So all I can do explain my experience. I travel for business so my priorities might not be yours. First, the rooms open onto the parking lot and there is no interior corridor. Because of this, and the hotel being on a major road, there was a lot of traffic noise most of the night. It was obvious the room had been renovated, maybe not to the best standards, but they tried. The room was clean, and more importantly the bed was ok and the pillows were great. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The wireless internet worked well. The breakfast was much better, with more variety than most free ones. No, it is not cooked to order, but as good as anyting that sits in a heating tray. Staff were friendly.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — The noise
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Lady_Road_Warrior
Midland, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2008

I really disagree with the other positive reviews regarding this hotel! I stayed here the first week in January, 2008 and found this hotel to be run-down and in a state of disrepair.

The hotel is in a bad part of town and I felt very unsafe during my stay. The hotel, both exterior and interior, is in need a major overhaul upgrade.

The food at breakfast is bad. For example, I had a CRUNCHY pancake. I couldn't even eat it.

My advice: do not stay here, no matter how cheap the rate!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank DJinTX
At Quality Inn we do strive for perfection with our friendly staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Our breakfast comes with a great, delicious variety of waffles, scrambled eggs and biscuits & gravy among healthy choices such as cereals, yogurt & fresh fruit.
Our hotel is currently undergoing major renovations and remodeling to ensure our guests the best quality stay as possible.
A business center is now available to our guests with free access to the internet and a printer. Fax and copy services are also available free of charge.
We always encourage our guests to immediately let us know if any problems/or dissatisfaction arises with any of our rooms or services so that we may remedy the situation as soon as possible.
We also invite future guests to view their room and area they will be staying BEFORE they check in, to ensure their experience is the best possible.
Fayetteville, AR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2008

The Quality Inn is an older hotel which has been recently remodelled. I stayed in the off season and found my room to smell shut up (not dirty). The hotels lacks a computer suiness center and indoor pool. They have a good breakfast and excellent beds. If you want to have a place to sleep overnight, this seems to be the place.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TOG11
san diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2007

I stayed at the Quality Inn on my last trip to Victoria. I travel there almost every month on business and have never tried the Quality Inn until now. The front desk person was extremely friendly and gracious both when I was making my reservation and when I checked in. The room was very clean and comfortable, especially for the price. I have stayed at the newer hotels there and have paid significantly more. The breakfast was fantastic. They have a full buffet with eggs, waffles, bacon etc. - not the typical poor free breakfast. Overall, a very nice stay and will definitely be going back.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business