“Hated this hotel!”

Knights Inn Victoria East
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed January 13, 2008

I really disagree with the other positive reviews regarding this hotel! I stayed here the first week in January, 2008 and found this hotel to be run-down and in a state of disrepair.

The hotel is in a bad part of town and I felt very unsafe during my stay. The hotel, both exterior and interior, is in need a major overhaul upgrade.

The food at breakfast is bad. For example, I had a CRUNCHY pancake. I couldn't even eat it.

My advice: do not stay here, no matter how cheap the rate!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank DJinTX
qualityinnvictoria, General Manager at Knights Inn Victoria East, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2008

At Quality Inn we do strive for perfection with our friendly staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Our breakfast comes with a great, delicious variety of waffles, scrambled eggs and biscuits & gravy among healthy choices such as cereals, yogurt & fresh fruit.
Our hotel is currently undergoing major renovations and remodeling to ensure our guests the best quality stay as possible.
A business center is now available to our guests with free access to the internet and a printer. Fax and copy services are also available free of charge.
We always encourage our guests to immediately let us know if any problems/or dissatisfaction arises with any of our rooms or services so that we may remedy the situation as soon as possible.
We also invite future guests to view their room and area they will be staying BEFORE they check in, to ensure their experience is the best possible.

Reviewed January 2, 2008

The Quality Inn is an older hotel which has been recently remodelled. I stayed in the off season and found my room to smell shut up (not dirty). The hotels lacks a computer suiness center and indoor pool. They have a good breakfast and excellent beds. If you want to have a place to sleep overnight, this seems to be the place.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TOG11
Reviewed November 7, 2007

I stayed at the Quality Inn on my last trip to Victoria. I travel there almost every month on business and have never tried the Quality Inn until now. The front desk person was extremely friendly and gracious both when I was making my reservation and when I checked in. The room was very clean and comfortable, especially for the price. I have stayed at the newer hotels there and have paid significantly more. The breakfast was fantastic. They have a full buffet with eggs, waffles, bacon etc. - not the typical poor free breakfast. Overall, a very nice stay and will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank trader623
Reviewed November 19, 2006

I'm a member of Choice Hotels. I cashed in some of my reward points for a room at the "Quality" last night 11/18/2006.

I would have given it a 1 star, but the service at the front desk both at check in and out was very nice and professional. Also the complimentary breakfast was decent.

Now about the room. YUK!!!!
I don't know if they give the --- delapitated rooms out for the reward programs, but in our case they must have.
The parking lot was almost empty, so there must have been other rooms available.
The decor was extremely dated and worn out. The carpet which was dark to begin with was noticabely stained. The tub and toilet area which were not vented had tons of mold both on the tiles and in the tub area where the wall meets the ceiling.
Finally, the bedsheets when pulled back had LOTS of foreign hair in them and OBVIOUSLY had not been changed after the last guest checked out. The blanket was also stained.

As it was very late when we arrived and we were super tired and my wife was sick as well, I didn't complain and demand another room. instead, my wife slept on their towels and covered up with a blanket that we brought.

My lack of complaint to the front desk was due to the fact the room was free via my reward points. If I had paid, I would have definitely asked to be moved or for a refund.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

If our rooms are found to be dirty or less than satisfactory to a guest, we highly recommend the guest(s) tell us immediately, so that we may move them to the best quality room available.

Any Choice Rewards guest using points WILL get the best quality room available. We hope everyone, regardless or whether they are staying "free" or not, will contact us immediately as we can only solve a guest's problem if we have knowledge of it.

A TripAdvisor Member
Naples, FL
Reviewed February 25, 2006

The staff at this hotel was fantastic! My wife and I were traveling thru on Hwy. 59 to visit my son in south TX and we pulled into this hotel thinking it would be a typical 2 star place. We have stayed at other hotels in Victoria over the years but thought we'd give this one a try. We were both pleasantly suprised at the professional and courteous people that worked there. They really made us feel at home, especially Lupe who checked us in, who has got to have the biggest smile in Texas! The room, while not huge, was the cleanest I can remember staying in the past few years, and we go on 6-8 trips a year. The hot breakfast was far and way the best we've had at a hotel. A super value all the way around. We higly reommend the Quality Inn in Victoria.

• Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 31, 2005

I have stayed at this property several times over the past year and a half.

Good points: free wireless internet access, good hot breakfast, very friendly and courteous staff, good value

Not so good: for a few dollars extra, one can stay on the "better" side of town at the Fairfield or newly opened Hampton In--both which have interior hallways (a much better security and cleanliness situation).

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank ChicagoAlli
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 2, 2004

I was looking for a hotel between South Padre Island, and Houston, to stay over for one night. I chose this hotel due to the AAA book's suggestions. I had stayed at a pricey but horrible hotel in Spouth Padre Island, and wanted something nice.
I had had good experiences with Quality Inn in the past. This hotel is about 1 hour south of Houston. It's in the quaint little town of Victoria.
The hotel is huge, covering alot of land, in an L shape. We stayed here on July 16th.
The hotel has both a happy hour, with good food, and a continental breakfast that we also enjoyed. It has a pool, which did need a litle bit of cleaning, due to a few bugs. (First bugs I'd seen since being on Padre Island). The hotel has an upper level, and a lower level. We were on the upper level, doesn't have elevators, but it was fine, cause we didn't have much luggage. Everyone at this hotel were kind and considerate, and I could tell they enjoyed their jobs.
The hotel was spic and span clean. The beds were comfortable, and the room was spacious.
I'd stay here again if need be.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member