Hotel Vernon
$55
$49
$59
$77
All reviewsreal eggsjapanese steakhousebiscuits and gravyclean roomsdirect tvevery morninghome away from homehot breakfastrecommend staying herenice poollarge roomnice breakfastwould definitely stay here againgreat place to stayother hotelsvery nice hoteltexas
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The staff is great. The entrance is beautiful. Rooms are clean and very cozy. The on site restaurant has great food.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank survcetx
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stopped on our way through Texas. They do take pets but charge a pet fee--not happy about that.

The place is very, very old and dated--only a very thin blanket on the bed and it's about 10 years past needing a remodel. You can barely see over the front desk, which was quite annoying when trying to check in.

The staff was friendly and welcoming and the breakfast was decent.

Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kelly M
textravelerTexas, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

Valued Guest,

First off thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments, it is the best way for us to learn and improve for our guests. We are VERY sorry you were disappointed in our pet fee; we have deliberately left it low, only $10, so as to minimize the impact while still allowing us to recoup the cost of cleaning a "pet friendly" room for our next guest! I also thank you for the kind comments about our staff, we strive to put our "best foot forward" as we are, as you mentioned, an older hotel! We try and update as regularly as possible (our last major renovation was about five years ago) and we implement small changes as often as possible to try and provide the very BEST experience to our guests! Thank you again; if you have any other concerns please do not hesitate to contact us directly!

James Bennett, CHA
Customer Service/Social Media Manager

Reviewed December 6, 2011

I was quoted a price for staying there the next morning I was told that that price could not be honored because they would be loosing money. I later got an email from the general manager stating her wanted to make it right, I sent him my conferation number and information, never heard anything from him again, no credit, nothing, so much for making anything right. Best Western should drive down to Vernon personally and yank their sign off of the motel before their name is completly ruined, I'm done with Best Western, I can't trust that my room with be what is advertised, the price will be honored or that I won't be lied to. Pass this one by

Room Tip: Go to Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Kerry M
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Our family was staying here for a family reunion. We were quoted one price but charged a higher price! They told each of us a different reason, lie as to why they couldn't give us the price! They were extremely rude! In fact they acted like they didn't know what we were talking about when several of us called to reserve our rooms( red flags)! I do not recommend this place for any reason! In fact Best Western should remove their name from this motel!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Momyk
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I wish we had kept driving. Where to begin? Should I start with the tub that was seperating from the floor and you had to be careful not to trip over because it would shift every time you moved? Should I start with the ciggarette burns (and smell) on both the linens and carpet though it was supposedly a non smoking room? Speaking of the carpet, it was threadbare and thin as a sheet. Should I talk about the dead gnats or fleas or whatever they were that were all over the place including in the sheets and on the towels? I give them credit that all of the bugs in the room (except for two flies) were dead. The man who checked us in seemed like he wanted to be somewhere else and would not allow us to change rooms saying that they were booked up solid (with five cars in the parking lot? yeah right). Or should I mention that the "breakfast" was in the back room of a catfish restaraunt? Shady.

I honestly cannot belive that Best Western put their name on this. As a kid on road trips I always remembered Best Westerns being the nice properties, the ones we were excited to stay in. One night here has ruined the brand for me and I will never stay in a Best Western again. So please do yourself a favor and just keep driving, you will thank me later.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to have A/C
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo