Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon College Area (Hwy 287)
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I selected this hotel strictly due to it's location in relation to the area in which I was working. I was pleased at the ease plus having a helpful and pleasant person in making the reservation by phone. Once I arrived, check-in was easy. I was very surprised when I went to my room as to the feel of being in a new hotel, the size of the room, and cleanliness. Very well done. There was a choice of pillows that were marked as soft or firm making that choice easier. The breakfast area was spacious and well kept. Breakfast had a good selection of choices and the food was good. The staff even allowed me to clean up in their downstairs restroom even after I had checked out which made an extensive drive later that day much more enjoyable. If in town again, it will be an easy choice deciding where to stay. Well done!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hotel Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was great. Room was nice and spacious. Nosie level was questionable during this stay, because when people went in and out of their rooms the room doors slammed closed (this went on until 10 pm at night).

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Can not say enough about this Hotel and the staff. Very friendly and and helpful in every way. Spent four nights here and it was quiet without road noise and able to get a good nights rest. Very clean and the breakfast was excellent. This hotel is definitely on my list as a "place to stay" again if the need arises.

Room Tip: I would recommend booking a room away from the Fitness Center as people tend to let the door slam wh...
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great experience. The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I really appreciate that they were dog friendly. The breakfast was pretty darn good!
I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Holiday Inn Express continues to provide good, clean, accommodation, with modern facilities, good free breakfast, at an affordable price, even in out of the way locations. This HI Express at Vernon is no exception. We only chose to stay there at the last minute because we had reached Amarillo early, and the HI Express at Childress was full. We're glad we chose to drive on to Vernon, because this hotel is just as good as the others. Nice indoor pool too, a pleasure after a long drive.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were pleased to find a clean, modern hotel with competent, friendly staff in a small Texas town! Highway 287 between Amarillo and Fort Worth is long, and were realized that we needed to stop for the night at about 10:00pm. I was able to quickly make reservations with a friendly desk clerk while my wife drove (you have to catch cell phone service while driving though a town!) This same desk clerk greeted me and quickly checked us in. The rooms are clean, modern, and spacious. I was pleased to find a limited breakfast available at 5:30am, even though the buffet didn't officially open until 6:30am. I have never seen this at other hotels! I would gladly stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were looking for a dog friendly hotel in Vernon to spend the night on the road trip home. While on break in Stephenville, Holiday Inn Express in Raton, NM. We were right on. The manager was from Stephenville. We had a great conservation and set a reservation for the night. They help us to a good night sleep. Plus the breakfast staff was willing to help you in getting your breakfastto your room. Good clean rooms, nice kitchen area and comfortable beds. The only problem was no place to hang your towels after a shower.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family