“Visiting family”
Review of Hampton Inn Vernon

Hampton Inn Vernon
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I went to visit my sister in early March. I made my reservation on Thursday for Friday . The clerk apparently marked the wrong Friday . When we got to the hotel at 10:30 pm. I was informed that I made the reservation for the next Friday . How he got it wrong I don't know. I said I need a room for tomorrow. Anyway he informed there was nothing he could do.I asked to speak to the manager. He was rude and said I must have made the mistake. Apparently they never make mistakes. He got annoyed and asked me if I wanted him to build me another room. At which I told him his customer service skills were bad. At which he told me I was banned from his hotel. I turned in a report to Hampton inn. I got a casual apology letter. Just be aware this staff doesn't excel in customer service . I guess Hampton doesn't care if you are treated badly.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
HamptonInnVernon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

I apologize for the poor level of service you received from me and the hotel staff. This is not the way we want to be remembered. We will be doing additional training to bring it up to a level that our guests deserve. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Made a reservation 3 days in advance of our stay, by phone direct to the hotel with the local manager. We gave the manager, credit card information and a direct cell phone number all at his request. He gave us a confirmed registration number for the up coming visit.

After working a long day are driving 3 hours to get to the hotel the clerk on duty told us that we had no reservation and that there were no rooms available. We presented our confirmation and then he found us in the system. Now, he claims we did not have late arrivial on the registration. He had sold the room out, again, claiming we had no late arrivial on the registration the manager made. We are standing in the lobby about 11:00pm at night , with our bags and there are no rooms in the hotel or anywhere in town.

We can not believe that he chose to "Sell the Room Out". We had a confirmation, he had the credit card information, and our Cell phone information. No call to us, if there was a concern about our arrivial. What a Joke, this employee is, to treat us like this. We spend over 150 nights a year in hotels, we had just stayed at his chain's hotel the previous 3 nights to our arrival. We have never been treated this poorly by any employee, anytime, anywhere.
We had to drive on into the night, hoping to find a room to stay. About an hour later we found a room. The manager and employee should be treated the same way we were, send him off into the night, maybe some other hotel will hire him. See what they can find late at night.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank mas4467
HamptonInnVernon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, we are very sorry we dropped the ball. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make all of our guets have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel was excellent. My only low mark of 8 was given because the lady working the breakfast section on Saturday morning didn't seem to be having a good morning. She didn't smile nor did she seem very happy to be there. Maybe just a mention to her about being more outgoing would help.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2014

It's a Hampton Inn, therefore it's nice. I left my computer charger in the room, and Andre, the very pleasant and competent man behind the desk, located my charger, and arranged to have it shipped to me at home. They charged me a fee in addition to the shipping charges, which was a bit disappointing, but I'm glad to get it back. Nice service, and honest employees!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I liked staying at the Hampton, nice décor all around, room was fresh smelling & had plenty of towels & plenty of coffee/tea when you arrived. A decent breakfast the next morning. Especially loved that they had an outdoor fireplace to just relax & converse. Beds were almost more comfortable than mine. Will definitely stay at other Hamptons.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great location of hotel; our two-bed room was very comfortable and well lighted; flat screen TV had good HD channels; a very good breakfast served in a nice spot just off main entrance. Hotel seems very new!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff at this location always is cheerful and goes out of their way to make sure everything I need is provided. No matter how late I arrive in the evening there is always fresh coffee at check in. In the morning at breakfast the staff always asks about how well I slept and if I need anything. The décor is unique to this hotel and really adds a local flavor.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business