Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
$109
$76
$98
Country Inn
Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo(Amarillo)
$120
$66
$104
My Place Hotel-Amarillo, TX(Amarillo)
$91
$88
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The house keeper walked into our room without knocking while my wife was getting dressed. I called the front desk and they said "I don't know what to tell you. I will talk to him".

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Sawbo101
Reviewed May 6, 2011

We were traveling cross country and it was hailing out so we needed to find a place to stay quickly. The front desk clerk was friendly. The wifi was down and the walls were quite thin as we could hear what was going on in the room next to ours. We checked the beds for bed bugs (as we usually do) and there were none. However, one of the beds (2 full size in this room) had food stuck under the mattress when I was looking for bed bugs-gross! We checked the other and it was fine and slept in that one. The area was very run down and not much available for food. There was a saloon and dairy queen. If it weren't for the storm, we would have continued until we found a safer and better place to stay. Also a bit pricey for what they offer.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Adamnev
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Less than an hour after checking in, our door was forced open and a man stepped in. Being an off duty police officer and pointing my sidearm at the male seemed to help. Management was no help and would not refund my money. Needless to say we moved on. $80.00 for a room for less than an hour and victims of a felony. Never again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank cincygraffiti
Reviewed October 12, 2010

While traveling cross country we hit the Texas panhandle about the same time as a severe thunderstorm with potential tornadic activity. We called Best Western's 800 number and were directed to this hotel near Amarillo as closest to us. It was right off the Interstate. The front desk staff were very friendly. The rooms were clean and we slept great with the storm booming all around us. It is a single story hotel with all doors opening to the outside. The only reasons for the average rating are the bathroom and obvious age of the hotel. It was all clean, but the bathroom was desperately in need of an upgrade. Ancient fixtures and plumbing, worn carpet. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SgtMom2
Reviewed September 21, 2010

My husband and I were on a trip across old Route 66 when we decided we needed to stop for the night. Being seasoned travellers and living in a large city, we always check every hotel/motel room prior to paying, specifically looking for bed bugs. We went to the front desk of the Best Western Country Inn. We asked if there was a non-smoking room available and asked for the rate. She wouldn't tell us the rate but said a room was available. We asked to see the room to check it prior to booking it. The desk clerk reluctantly agreed that we could, but escorted us there, herself. We walked into the room and tried to turn on the lights, half of which didn't work. My husband went to the corner of the bed, closest to the light and gently pulled back the blankets and sheets to check the mattress seams for bed bugs. There weren't any bugs and the room was acceptable. We asked once again for the rate which was not given to us; but, we were about to tell the attending clerk we'd take it when she started yelling at us that we had to take the room since we tore the bed apart (this was not the case). She said they had no bed bugs, but is anyone to take the word of a desk clerk trying to rent out a room??? I think not!!! She said we had no right to even see the room first before paying and made such an ordeal out of this, my husband and I looked at each other and just walked out with this woman screaming that we couldn't leave, we had to take the room... Comfort Inn in Vega was around the corner, civilized, clean and acceptable. The desk clerk at the Comfort Inn had no problem at all with us checking out the room first.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple