“Nice hotel, friendly owners!”

Knights Inn Van Horn
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Van Horn
Reviewed April 24, 2014

It was a very pleasant stay. The hotel room was very clean. Price is very reasonable, although for us it was a free stay from Wyndham Rewards. We enjoyed evening in the famous Mexican restaurant nearby! We would stay again. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Van Horn

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Van Horn is seriously in the middle of nowhere, but the hotel had very easy access to the highway. The room I was in great shape. Quiet. Friendly staff. No problem with check- in or check-out. A gem – considering the "funky" location.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I booked this hotel through Bring Fido. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is that there was only a very small patch of grass to walk my dog on. I tried going around the block but it was littered with broken glass and stickers. I had made a mistake on my reservation date but the owner was kind enough to accommodate my change. Very quiet. Comfortable bed and room. Air conditioner was easy to operate. Van Horn was the best place to stop between DFW and Tucson. Bathroom had been updated. I didn't get up early enough to have breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank connie817
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stopped here for the night after driving 11 hours, read reviews and sounded good. The place is very clean, a little worn but very clean. It is a cute little town with many options, we chose this one because of the reviews and the price.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The managers Sammy and Daxa were awesome. They were very accommodating and pleasant people. We were on our way to the Guadalupe Mountains and stumbled on this find. We had the opportunity to look at the other hotels in the area and by far this one was the best. The room was spacious, clean and was at a reasonable rate. If you are in Van Horn do not look any further, this is a find.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn
Reviewed February 12, 2014

As anyone traveling through Texas knows, Van Horn is a good stopping point. I booked this ahead of time because of other good reviews. The owner at the front desk did not have my reservation, but easily accommodated us anyway. It turns out I had booked for the wrong night. He was very pleasant and cooperative despite my mistake.
The room we had had two very comfortable beds with very comfortable pillows. After long drives, the bed really matters. These owners have really spiffed up this hotel. From the outside it looks like an updated 1950s style highway motel. It was spotless! No dings in the paint. Beautiful granite shower stall and sink counter. All new fixtures. The cable TV had plenty of options for being out in the middle of nowhere. The room was plenty large; I never felt cramped or crowded. There was even an electric outlet convenient to the bed for my iPhone to charge up overnight. I've stayed in some road motels where I cringed when I walked in. Not here. This place is a delight. I will stay here every time I drive through Van Horn again. The owner was exceedingly pleasant.
Just before I went to sleep I heard a train pass by not too far away. But I slept through it after that. The heater provided some white noise and my husband and I slept like babes.

Don't count too much on the continental breakfast. It did the trick but was nothing out of the ordinary.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family