“How it should be!”

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Van Horn
Crockett, Texas
“How it should be!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The staff was amazing! Called the day before for a reservation, Larry accommodated all my needs (3 rooms, 1 handicapped, 1 smoking & 1 non-smoking & had a pet with us) and wouldn't even take a credit card # for confirmation. Called when we were 3 hours out to confirm (my insecurities) was told they would be ready for us & imagine this-they were! Not only were they right there expecting us, they had already turned the heaters on in the rooms. So pleasant not walking into a freezing cold motel room. Customer service was above and beyond. If I am ever near Van Horn, TX again I will definitely make an effort to stay here again. The price was incredibly affordable. They even had treats for my dog.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The hotel staff was the most courteous I have ever experienced and the hands on owner is one of the nicest people you will ever meet . Clean rooms,great price and excellent service I can't say enough about this place it was fantastic

• Stayed December 2013
Salinas, California
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff was very helpful and nice. We didn't make it to the breakfast, but it sounded good. The bad thing about our stay was that the place wasn't the cleanest. The carpet was filthy, and there was trash in one of the drawers. This place is alright for an overnight stay, which is what we did. Other than that, my experience was...meh.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Galveston Island, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was traveling thru and stopped here and I'm so glad I did. The staff was very nice and very out going! after I got checked in they called my room to make sure I was happy with my room and if I needed anything. I have never had that done before and I have stayed at several hotels/motels. That shows me they really care about their guest! I give the highest rating!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The Whitten Inn was a pleasant surprise for a roadweary traveler. Was enroute from Dallas, TX to Phoenix, AZ. The Whitten in was a halfway stop point. The Inn was a pleasant throwback to a traditional '50s motel. Obviously an old facility but much of the town is that. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. MY room was comfortable and clean. The price was extremely affordable. This was a great place to get off the Interstate, two blocks away, and get some much needed rest. Plus it is right next door to the newest and nicest restaurant in town. Walked out my door and went across a parking lot and walked into the Van Horn Cattle Co. Great food. The Inn itself was very restful and peaceful. I would recommend this Inn to anyone looking for a quiet comfortable evenings rest on a long trip. There is no pool or workout facility but who needs one on an overnight stop.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Fullerton, California
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had a wonderful experience staying at the Whitten Inn in Van Horn. The location is very convenient (just off I-10), the staff was very friendly, price for the room was very affordable, the room was clean and very comfortable, and they offer an amazing free breakfast. There is also a delicious steakhouse with a great bar, right next door. I highly recommend Whitten Inn to anyone looking for a place to stay in Van Horn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was planning to travel through El Paso when weather made it clear I needed to stop. I am so glad I stumbled upon this place. The people at the front desk were so kind and accommodating, and the room was spacious and had everything you need. The price was also very reasonable. Great hot shower, beautiful peaceful sleep, temperature control, flatscreen TV, yummy continental breakfast- I couldn't have been happier.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo