“For 45 bucks, I'm happy”
Review of Motel 6 Van Horn

Motel 6 Van Horn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Van Horn
Austin, Texas
“For 45 bucks, I'm happy”
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Too many people complain about the piddliest little things. All I need is: a roof over my head, a relatively clean place to lay said head, and as cheap as possible. For the price, what do you expect...a Marriott? Try sleeping on the ground next time. I had no problem with the room. I got one as close to the office as I could so my bike would be safe. I could see it through the peephole. So there's a train that goes by. I grew up about 75 yards from the Southern Pacific. Trains don't bother me (but noisy drunks do, like at some other motels). The bed was hard, but I need a hard bed for my back. Yeah, it's a small room, but I'm a small guy. The bathroom was just fine. Everything was clean. The front desk guy was great. Free wifi. I don't know about the coffee...didn't have it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Scayf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Antonio TX
Reviewed October 19, 2009

$54.00 for a tiny room, with a queen bed... only 1 side table... and bad coffee... and a tiny bathroom with no hair dryer that you can barely change your mind in.... but the place was clean.. (or at least looked it) ....oh and don't forget the train... that goes by quite often and will wake you up..... but the same could be said of all the motels in Van Horn... all sit right behind the railroad tracks... oh well... If someone asked me outright how much I would pay to stay here.... $35.00 comes to mind.... not much more.... so overpriced for what you get... but cheapest place to stay in Van Horn... oh well. and did I mention ... it seemed clean....

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deebles1962
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 26, 2009

pros: rooms have microwave, fridge and are clean; check-in person was extremely friendly and nice and professional. cons: rooms are rather small. motel is located by a railroad but using the fan at night obscured any train noise. overall, a good place to stay for the low price.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank whomever
Waldport, Oregon
Reviewed January 18, 2005

There's really nothing fancy about this Motel 6 establishment, but then again I guess that goes for a lot of Motel 6's. Since it's about the lowest priced lodging I think you can find in Van Horn though, this motel works as a place to hang your hat. The establishment seems a bit aged, but at least you get free coffee. It's off I-10 a ways, so that's also worth noting if you're a light sleeper. The staff seems very friendly, too. Other than that, it's pretty plain-jane.

8 Thank Trevor5