“Second Choice, but Good Enough”

Quality Inn of Van Horn
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Van Horn
Arizona
“Second Choice, but Good Enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Our room was very clean and the staff very pleasant and helpful and the bed very comfortable. It was our second choice after finding the Hampton Inn full, but it was fine. We didn't hear the noise that another reviewer mentioned and we were in room 120, pretty close to the interstate. Also, another reviewer panned the breakfast, but we had scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy as well as make your own waffles and the usual breads, cereals, yogurts, etc.

It's not 5 star, but it's not a destination place; it's a stop on the way and certainly good enough.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KayCeeArizona
Krish P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn of Van Horn, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us of your recent stay here at the Quality Inn in Van Horn, Tx. My staff and I are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our best to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and to help with any accommodations that they may need. We strive every day to be one of the better hotels in this small town Van Horn and we will continue to provide our guests with wonderful service. Thank you once again for your positive feedback and we hope that you will stay with us again. Have a wonderful day.

Samantha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

This was one of the worst of a three week road trip. The bed was hard as a rock. We did not get a sense of it being extremely clean. The hot breakfast was not even remarkable, more like a deluxe continental. I would find some other place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cgb415
Krish P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn of Van Horn, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us on your recent stay here at our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. My staff and I do our best to provide our guests with a exceptional and clean stay. My housekeeping staff are very hard workers and do their absolute best to provide everyone with a clean and comfortable room to stay in. As a hotel business we try to off better services than other hotels here in Van Horn, Texas. We do want our guests to leave here feeling satisfied. Once again I do apologize and we do hope that you will stay with us again so that we may provide you with a better stay. I hope you have a great day.

Travelers are raving about these Van Horn hotels

Georgetown, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I've stayed here back when it was a Holiday Inn, the new owner, under the Quality inn brand name, has put some effort into sprucing the place up. I had room 116, king bed, near the back of the property. Room was nicely appointed, spacious, comfortable. Almost all hotels in Van Horn right off Interstate, so road noise can sometimes be an issue, but I found staying in one of the room farthest from entrance cut noise down. Breakfast was great - waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereals, breads, etc., the usual stuff, but a nice treat was hash - needed just a little salt and pepper to bring out the flavor, but I had seconds. Hash not a typical breakfast offering in hotels I've stayed at, so this was a nice surprise. There was a sign at desk saying pool under repair, would be fixed in about a week, but this was June 5th, and previous reviewer from May 24th says pool broken then also, so if you are really craving a pool soak after a long days drive, suggest you ask if it's fixed. Staff, as I've seen before, is very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near back end of hotel for less road noise. Also, no elevator, so if lugging big suit...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Tom O
Krish P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn of Van Horn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us of your recent stay here at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Quality Inn in Van Horn, Tx. My staff and I do our best to provide our guests with exceptional services. Being that we are located in a rural town we try to accommodate our guests with a relaxing stay. Yes, as of right now our pool is undergoing some repair but we do have high hopes that it will up and running soon. We are just waiting for a part to arrive through the mail. We understand the necessity of having a pool during the summer, especially with the desert heat. We do however apologize for any inconveniences that we may have caused you, we are looking to fix this problem immediately. Thank you once again for the positive review and we hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are driving towards Van Horn. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Odessa, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed one night May 24, 2014.

Hot breakfast is always a strong point for us when choosing a property to stay with, and we chose this property for the convenience of the one provided and based on TA reviews... hoping as well for a leisurely dip in the pool. Alas, the pool wasn't open (wish the website had noted such) as they are performing some repairs.

Aside from that, the room (122) was spotless, comfortable and you could park right outside the door. Love the pillows and the lack of a scratchy polyester bed covering, cotton was soooo much better! Like other reviews, the ac unit helped dampen some highway and train noise. Wifi was good, property clean and well maintained and staff was professional and courteous. In fact, everyone we encountered in Van Horn was friendly! A very pleasant change from the madness we experience daily living in Odessa/Midland during an oil boom!

Room Tip: try for back of the building for less highway noise and 2nd floor, could hear some movements of thos...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank piccu
Krish P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn of Van Horn, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us on your recent stay here at our hotel in Van Horn, Texas. My staff and I are glad to hear that you found your stay here at the Quality Inn great. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the pool, yes we are in the process of repairing it but it won't take too long to get it going. We have men working everyday to get it repaired and are doing a great job in doing so. My staff and I do our best to provide every one of our guests with a satisfying stay. After all our guests do matter the most to us. We do hope that you will stay with us again the next time your in Van Horn, Tx. Thank you once again and we appreciate your feedback. Have a wonderful day!

Central Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just stayed at the Quality Inn in Van Horn in May 2014 and found it an excellent option if you have to stay in Van Horn, TX. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable--had king room on upper floor. Breakfast was good with hot options of sausage, biscuits & gravy, waffles, and eggs along with cereals and breads plus juices & coffee.

The front desk lady Keri was very helpful and pleasant. The breakfast lady was also nice making sure we had everything we needed.

Van Horn isn't much. It was established a long time ago to encourage west Texas tourism so most of the hotels are very old "motor hotels" kinda like Cars movie but few are "newly refurbished". The Whitten Inn looked nice from the outside but didn't check it out. Quality Inn was a descent price from $60-$80 per night in May 2014. The "other" new hotel was well over $100 so we chose this Quality Inn and were very pleased with how clean it was and the nice staff.

Also, it has one of those in-wall unit A/Cs that allows you to run the fan constantly all night long. That helped to drown out the Interstate 10 noise. All of Van Horn hotels are within one block of the interstate and some also within one block of the train.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank kayziewazie
Krish P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn of Van Horn, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us of your recent stay here at the Quality Inn. It is our pleasure to provide you with a wonderful stay. My staff and I try to provide all of our guests with a nice and comfortable stay here with us. After all we don't want you to leave here unsatisfied. Yes, Van Horn doesn't have much to offer which is why we try our absolute best to provide our guests with a great stay. We are in the process of doing some minor renovations to make everyone's stay a little better. Were always open to here any suggestions that would make your stay here better. We do hope to see you again if you ever head this way again. Once again we greatly appreciate the positive feedback and I hope you have a wonderful day!

San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was day 2 of 30 day road trip of southern US. My must haves are clean and economical. This location was both. Easy access from I10, better than average breakfast, and reasonable price. Comfortable bed.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SanDiego333
Krish P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn of Van Horn, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us of your recent stay here at the Quality Inn. We appreciate the wonderful feedback. It's our pleasure to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay. My staff and I do our best to accommodate all our guests needs and more. After all we want our guests to leave here with a good impression of our hotel. I've got a great staff and they do their best to go above and beyond to make our guest feel welcomed. We never stop performing our best and we will continue to provide you with a better stay every time. We hope that you stay with us again the next time you find yourself traveling towards Van Horn, Tx. I hope you have a wonderful day. Thank you once again.

Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was a 2-1/2 star hotel and I'd say it was average for it's rating. Which is good. Clean, wifi, friendly staff. We'd stay here again. The breakfast was free and had a fairly good selection. However, not the same quality as a 3-star (duh).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert H
Krish P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn of Van Horn, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us of your recent stay here at the Quality Inn. I would like to say that my staff and I do our absolute best to provide our guest with a great stay here in Van Horn, Tx. Given the location of where we are at, there isn't much that our guests can do, so it's a number one priority to have our guests leave here happy. We are also going to be doing some minor renovations in the near future but were looking to work our way up to do more but it's just a matter of time and money. If you have any suggestions as far as making your stay here better please let us know. Thank you once again for your review and I hope you have a wonderful day.