“Like Eating at Grandma's House!”
Review of The Dinner Bell

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Dinner Bell
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Van
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We ate lunch at the Dinner Bell after picking up our son at a nearby summer camp. The restaurant is typical of a small town cafe with homemade food in a very casual setting. The restaurant is small so it might be difficult to accomodate a large group. We arrived during the lunch hour and the restaurant was full but we only waited about 5 minutes for a table. Daily specials were posted on a white board and included fresh squash and okra. I decided to go off my diet and have chicken fried chicken, okra, salad and coconut pie. I was not disappointed!! Every bite was worth the extra time I worked out later that day. The okra tasted like it had come out of the garden that morning!!
Others in our party ordered the homemade Tex Mex, and Chicken strips. It was all delicious!!
The staff was friendly and although the restaurant was crowded they did a good job of getting our order out in a timely manner. If I am ever in Van again I will make sure I stop again at the Dinner Bell!!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Debbie and crew are always nice and have great, fresh foods of all types! Be sure to go around Halloween or Christmas for her fabulous decor!! A must every year with family and friends during holidays!!