“Average Texas Barbaque”

Soulman's BBQ
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Van
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
The Colony, Texas
“Average Texas Barbaque”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Service was good and prices weren't bad. Had the baked potatoe topped with chopped beef. Tastey but I needed something spicy for my taste, only had Tabasco. Barbaque sauce was a little to sweet. Choping the meat changes the juicy flavor of the brisket, not a fan. My husband said his beans lacked flavor and the scalloped potatoes were mediocre. Will try one of the other 20 BBQ places along the 20 next time.

• Visited April 2013

Murchison, Texas
“Never disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Hungry and on I-20 near Van? Pull on in to Soulmans. The brisket is always tender, moist and what BBQ should be. The ribs are fall off the bone good. The sauce is alittle spicy with a touch of sweet. And the cole slaw and potato salad, two standards you must have with your brisket, are better than average. And if you ask, they will make a to go package of scraps for your pups.

• Visited October 2012
Willow Park, Texas
“TX BBQ With a Twist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stopped in Soulman's BBQ in Van to grab a quick lunch and was very pleasantly surprised. I ordered the slice beef brisket sandwich platter. Pitmaster asked if I wanted tip or flat which is rare; I ordered tip which is slightly fattier but generally more tender. He piled about 8-10 slices onto a fresh hoagy type roll. Asked if I wanted baked potato or 2 sides. Baked potato could have come from Three Mile Island. Huge!! I opted for the 2 sides and headed down the self service line. The normal slaw, potato salad. Several types of beans and fried okra. Also unusual items liked pan seared cabbage, au gratin potatos, and several other great looking sides. Home made pies that looked wonderful although I didn't try them. Brisket was very good. Fork tender and moist. Good BBQ sauce. The cabbage and au gratin potatoes were wonderful and a nice addition to the TX BBQ scene. Excellent service and out the door for about $12.00. Had heard Soulman's advertised for many years around DFW area but 1st time in. Will not be last. Also easy on/off I-20 and truck parking is next door.

• Visited January 2013
Ruston, Louisiana
“Great barbecue for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I, by chance, stopped at Soulman's BBQ in Van, Texas for lunch. The food was excellent, the restaurant clean, the service timely, and the price reasonable. The staff were polite and professional. This was our first visit to the restaurant and since we periodically tavel from Louisiana to Dallas, Texas, we will be stopping at Soulman's BBQ when we travel in the future.

• Visited September 2012
Ben Wheeler, Texas
“lunch time must!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

we go here alot for lunch....it is pricey for bbq but you get enough that you can take half home and have it for supper also....great great bbq

Visited September 2012

Been to Soulman's BBQ? Share your experiences!