“Yes, it IS fresh food.....”

Farmhouse Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Van
Canton, Texas
“Yes, it IS fresh food.....”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I don't know what restaurant a couple of these recent travelers were in, but it couldn't have been the Farmhouse. The Farmhouse is a frequent stop for me, my family, and my friends. The rolls are mouth-watering and the food portions are generous. My favorite is the mahi-mahi, because it actually tastes like steak cooked outside on a grill. Yummy!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank sdousley

Silsbee, Texas, United States
“It's not Farm Fresh!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I visited Van, Texas in June of 2013. While in Van, I ate breakfast at the Farmhouse Restaurant. It was nicely decorated. However, the food wasn't fresh or even made there. I could have gotten the same if not better quality from McDonalds for a lot less cost. My first cup of coffee was cold. The service was slow. The pancakes had to be a mix, they tasted like yellow cake batter. The biscuits were those frozen things that come on a sheet of cardboard. The gravy was canned and very blah.
The next morning I went to The Dinner Bell in old downtown. The food was much, much better there.

• Visited June 2013
Frisco, TX
“Won't go back.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've eaten at the Farmhouse Restaurant three times, with the last one on Saturday after picking up campers from Sky Ranch. The other two times (1st time last year, after camp pick up) and in January were okay. Food is fine but nothing spectacular. Salads are entirely iceberg lettuce and things that come out of a can (very little "fresh" things in the salad.) This final (and last time) that we ate there, several things were wrong. The first was how slow the kitchen was. We got to the restaurant about noon and it was before they were slammed with lots of other families. We were seated quickly and placed our order very fast, but then the place started filling up. It took us 1 full hour to get our food (to the point where the kids asked to leave and just go to the sonic next door.) It should not have taken that long since we placed our order before most tables were full, but it did. The portion sizes were small! The kids meal for $5.95 was a quarter of a hamburger patty on a little hawaiian roll size piece of bread. It was truly tiny. If we hadn't waited one hour, the kids may not have been so famished, but my 6 and 8 year old who rarely finish a meal wiped those tiny burgers out in 10 minutes! They had also eaten a roll and the one side that came with the burger... this is more of a toddler meal and not a child's meal. The child's chicken finger meal came with 1 (ONE!) chicken finger. My child looked at it and got tears in her eyes. Tiny serving! The food didn't TASTE bad, but for the prices you should get more and it should not take as long to get it to the table. Everyone in the party cleaned their small plates and asked for dessert, and we were afraid that ordering dessert would take another hour so at that point we paid the bill and went next door to sonic and got a milk shake before heading home. Next time, we'll just do the whole thing at sonic.

• Visited July 2013
Ben Wheeler, Texas
“Cute little place...”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The food, the service and the staff are all we prepared. Great prices, plentiful servings. Well worth the trip...great place for family or business casual dining.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank westernstargal
“We love this place !”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We come to Lindale, Tx. once a year for a visit. This is always on our list of places to go. The rolls are heavenly. The food always good and great service. Never have been disappointed.

• Visited April 2013