“We love this place !”

Farmhouse Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Van
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We come to Lindale, Tx. once a year for a visit. This is always on our list of places to go. The rolls are heavenly. The food always good and great service. Never have been disappointed.

1  Thank Lizjoy45

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Great service... We were in and out in 30 minutes. I had the small hamburger steak, which was big, and came with grilled onions, bell peppers, and brown gravy... Yum! He had the small chicken fried steak, which was equally large... More like most restaurants' normal size CFS. He loved it but had to take half home to finish later. They brought us 2 rolls, which I was worried wouldn't be enough... Wrong! Not only were they HUGE, they even felt "heavy"...it was plenty! Sure wish I'd saved room for the pies on display in the front room... Next time for sure.

1  Thank Mkhtx2
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a great small town resturant.The food is all ways good,chicken fried steak is the best and the rolls to die for.you are always greatest with a smile,just very homey.The prices add very good and the portions are large.We eat here often.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We were on Interstate 20 heading towards Dallas from Tyler and used the Trip Advisor "Near Me Now" APP. This place had good reviews and we were at the Love's exit, so we stopped in for lunch. It seems very popular with the locals. The staff were all very friendly to us. The cook was a bit slow today, but the food came out piping hot. And, it was not a problem because as soon as we got our drinks the waitress served is hot rolls with butter and honey. My husband (who really loves good fried catfish) gave his lunch special a thumbs up. It was $6.99 for two catfish filets, two hush puppies and two sides. He had mashed potatoes and gravy for one side (Yummy! I stole a bite.) and pinto beans (I had those too and were really tasty). I had the $6.99 herb and garlic roasted chicken breast which turned out to be a little dry. The salad was fresh and basic. In the end, we were too full for dessert, but the pies looked amazing. I would stop here again.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

i love love love to get their fried pickles (actual spears instead of hamburger slices), their cheese fries are wonderful and they have the best chicken tenders!!!!!

1  Thank misty j