“Average clean restaurant nothing else”
Review of Oasis Outback

Oasis Outback
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Uvalde
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I will give you my specs on what I observed during my lunch visit

GOOD
Clean restrooms , fajita meat very well seasoned, super fresh salad, great taste of sodas with lots of gas, quick service and self seating, good taste on beans and fried okra, great family atmosphere.

NOT THAT GOOD
Lunch gets hectic, lots of people trying to get a table, waitresses running with plates like crazy, Mexican rice tasteless, salad bar had no beats and the tuna fish salad was sugared instead of salted, inconvenience to pay at the register and place gets loud.

NOTHING really bad about this restaurant, it is just a small town restaurant with ok service and acceptable food.
If you are an elite customer used to first class service and food this place is not for you.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I read review on every place to eat in town and this was the last place I choose, and it's the only place I came back to. Nice fresh buffet with fresh fruit. Had the turkey and brisket. Both very good. Kids love the Mac n cheese and the fried okra. Love that I can shop too. My family loves coming here. And we will not eat anywhere else in town.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food and service has always been wonderful. The large salad bar is fresh, the food is hot and tasty, and the service could not be better. Before dining or afterwards, the Oasis has a "dream-come-true" sporting goods area and a clothing family clothing section you have to see to believe.

1  Thank JamesP3008
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have been dining here since it opened and we try to go at least once when we visit the hill country. The salad bar is very good with fresh selections and many extras. I like the fried catfish and I ask for it well done. The service is usually good and staff is friendly. It is very crowded for lunch so try to go early.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Oasis is located in a Outdoor sporting good store. Kinda like a small version of a Bass Pro Shop. Walk in and the restaurant is located to the right.
Seat yourself and waitress dressed in a Outback t-shirt and jeans comes by to offer you some menus and asks for your drinks. I always get the salad bar because its fresh and there is a huge variety along with soup also.
I have ordered a chicken fried steak and a two meat barbeque plate in the past and they have both been very good, but I just like the salad bar most of the time because its fresh and its the best in town.
G. Manager Richard Luna is always friendly and attentive and he usually comes by to the table to say Hello. If he cant stop by he always acknowledges my family with a smile and a wave.
The temperature is always nice and cool which is a super plus in Texas and the store is great too. I always like to look at their fishing equipment and rifles after eating a salad.
If you have ever been to Uvalde you know there aren't a whole lot of clean friendly places to eat....this place is in the top 5 for sure.