“Best Hotel in Uvalde”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Uvalde
Austin, TX
“Best Hotel in Uvalde”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed here over Labor Day weekend to do some hunting. The hotel was fairly full, but was still adequate room to enjoy business center computers and the provided breakfast. The pool outside was a welcome respite from the blazing Labor Day hear and great to cool off in during the afternoon. The Oasis Outfitters store and beverage barn across the road has any last minute hunting gear that you may have forgotten as well as licenses, decent grill food with TV's.

Room Tip: higher floor room gets you away from the pool and parking lot
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Uvalde, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
We just wanted to take a moment to let you know how much we appreciate your business and positive comments. We really value you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right.

If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. We would also like to know where we can find more great clients like you! It's customers like you that make this business worthwhile. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I recently visited Uvalde for the holidays and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. I must say, I was very pleased with my stay. The room was excellent! First of all, check in was very simple and I was attended with respect instantly. They made me feel welcomed from the very beginning. Then, I was very impressed with my beautiful room. I slept like an angel in my beyond comfortable bed. The rooms are phenomenal and very up to date which many of the hotels in Uvalde lack. Everything is exceptionally clean and organized and the staff is very friendly making the environment very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to any traveler whether it is for personal or business reasons.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
We want to thank you for the kind words you said about our hotel. Your thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive. We'll be sure to share it with the hotel staff.

We try hard to provide the best possible service to our customers and their satisfaction is our reward. The more satisfied customers we have, the more our business will thrive.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Andrews, Texas
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Staying in Uvalde Holiday Express Inn is a place where u want to stay .. The manager and the employee are real nice and the hotel is always clean. I love it because everytime I stay here I get a warm welcome and thats one of the the thing customer look for. So I recommend that if ur in Uvalde I recommend to stay in Uvalde Holiday Express Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for Jay are anybody in front desk and they will take care of u.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My husband and I stay at this hotel because he is working in the area and we would not stay anywhere else.The staff are so friendly and always speak,they are always very helpful and any issues that have arisen were very promptly addressed like when the washing machine quit working. Jay (the manager) stayed on top of it and after the people came out to repair it several times and it still didn't work properly, a new machine was delivered.The breakfasts that are served here are great with lots of different choices.Everything is always so nice and clean.This is without a doubt one of the best hotels we've stayed at and I cannot say enough good things about it.I would and have recommend it to anyone who comes to Uvalde.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed here for four night recently while on business in Uvalde. The hotel is failrly new and pleasantly appointed. My room had a good bed, fridge, microwave and flat screen. The breakfasts were good with variety each day. These qualities are what I expect from HIE's when I visit them.

A few minor quibbles. Housekeeping was uneven - sometimes supplies and towels weren't fully replenished, the shower door came off its track quite easily (maintenance took care of the repairs the next day). One day, the housekeeper left several used towels on the floor which I found when I returned that evening.

The onlty other issue I had was the thinness of the walls. The guests in the next room watched TV late at night (I'm not even sure they had it that loud), but I had to call the front desk once to ask them to turn it down. So the walls were pretty thin. There was no ice dispenser on the 4th flour, which was an inconvenience.

The hotel was clean, staff was generally helpful and the stay was certainly ok; it just wasn't quite as good as other experiences I've had in HIE's.

Room Tip: Fourth floor doesn't have an ice machine.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank doffill
Adelaide
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I found this new Holiday Inn Express to be faultless.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
pateljay, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Uvalde, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review, I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself at our Holiday Inn Express in Uvalde. Hope to see you back soon when your plans bring you to the area again.