“A wonderful place”

Cuisines: Mexican
Kansas City, MO
“A wonderful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was really looking forward to some TexMex food at my overnight stay in University City on the way to South Padre. I just stumbled on this place while cruising the main drag off the highway and was treated like royalty! I was just wanting take out and the wonderful hostess was so friendly and helpful -- carefully explaining some of the choices to me. And what a great meal -- tasty and delicious, not too spicy, with an incredible homemade tortilla that left me wanting more! They had lots of patrons coming and going, and it appeared to be a known family place -- but they were very kind to a stranger and I enjoyed a good meal!

Visited August 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“My favorite breakfast tacos in the NE area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is our go-to place for breakfast tacos. My whole family loves them. Try their carne guisada, it is very good. Their hours are convenient and they serve breakfast tacos all day. They have a drive through which makes picking up some tacos on the run quick and easy and the food quality us so much better than at your typical fast food restaurant.

San Antonio Texas
“The Best in U.C.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I'm unsure what took us so long to try this place but I'm glad we did. So many Mexican places close at 3pm and that is a bummer. Thankfully, Acapulco only closes early on Sundays. My husband had the Beef Fajitas with a side of rice and borracho beans. He inhaled the fajitas and loved the spicey bite of the borracho beans. The rice was a tad dry and not much flavor. I had the chicken fajita taco salad. There was a huge portion of meat. I requested no cilantro and there wasn't a drop to be seen :) Less meat and more salad greens would have been the only thing to please me more. The parking lot is small but there is a drive through. Inside is clean but no frills. Who cares about frills when the food rocks. My chicken was in no way dry. It was as close to perfect as I've come. My grandson was delighted that they served breakfast tacos all day. A small up charge after morning hours but he loved them. We will definitely be back. My husband brought home a menu..always a good sign he was pleased.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Grneyedlady62
San Antonio, Texas
“Can't say anything horrible, but , it is ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is one of those places where once you are seated to eat, you find yourself asking yourself how you ended up in the chair you are in.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of those places that you will not hate however, you will not rush to the post office to send out a post card either. Food is of generic mexican restaurant quality.

Visited June 2012
wis dells wi
“machacado breakfast tacos yumm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

I had bkfst tacos from 3 different taquerias in Universal City and these by far were the best.

• Visited March 2011