“Service was not dragging!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dragon Lake Chinese Cuisine
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Hampton, Virginia
“Service was not dragging!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

My lady and I spent the day preparing for Thanksgiving for some nine more people and had no real desire to cook supper. Take out was first suggestion, but instead we went to the Dragon Lake, my first time, her - I don't know. As they were closing at eight this evening service was especially fast. She had soup, egg roll and rangoons, while I had Hunan beef from the family dinner menu. Other than the fried rice, I found everything I tasted quite good. The only caution I had were no fried noodles for the soup and the off taste of the fried rice. I thought it had a fishy taste while my lady just thought it was a bit off. In any event we took lots home. I will return in all likely hood.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

San Antonio, Texas
“Chinese Friendly-Food and Folk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Been going here for years. Never changes. Solid menu with delicious food. Very friendly staff. The buffet is a plus on value; menu items are also excellent in flavor and portions.

Why would anyone in their right mind do Changs when this food is AS good and far less expensive. Oh yea...Some people wanna pay top dollar for atmosphere. OK, I get that.

But I prefer great Chinese and modest cost. Dragon Lake does that in spades

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Cashier/waitress sucks at customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

I ordered sweet n sour chicken and wanted my side to be fried rice....what that idiot failed to tell me was that only white rice comes with order and she gave me a huge extra order of chicken fried rice! Now people...I am 4 11 and 120lb. I ordered ahead of time cause I work across street and only have a 30 min lunch....when I went to pick up order I was surprised at how much rice there was...I let her know that I did not want that much rice and she then proceeded to blame me for the confusion and continued arguing with me even after I told her that I didn't have time to argue. Now...I work in customer service and anyone who knows how to treat customers would have apologized for the confusion and proceeded with the order! She is horrible at her job and that is unfortunate because she brings the restaurants image down with her attitude and horrible customer service. Even if she has been there for four years! Back in the day the atmosphere was much better. Now due to her incompetence my co workers and myself are no longer willing to eat there. And sure would never recommend anyone else. She needs to learn how to explain herself and inform her customers instead of Blaming the customers for her idiotic ****ups. Oh...and she needs to learn how to not interupt customers when they speak and also how to. multitask....oh....the food is ok I guess

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio, Texas
“Best Chinese food in the San Antonio area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

My wife and I are regulars at Dragon Lake, and we enjoy it every time we go. Have never had even an average entree there. The Princess Chicken is an excellent option, and the egg rolls are tasty. The lunch specials are very affordable, and the Saturday evening buffet is good too.

• Visited May 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Ok....not really adventurous, more main street USA style”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2008

Ok....not really adventurous, more main street USA style

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook